Bereavement

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

10 posts
rainnights

by rainnights on Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Bereavement

Hi, everyone! I hope I can make sense of my thoughts at least in writing! I am recently bereaved and I find it impossible to get past the day that I lost my husband! Anyone here with a similar experience? I took care of the necessary arrangements as we do not have any other family but it feels like I am watching a movie and my mind does not seem to accept what happened!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:27 am

Re: Bereavement

Hi rainnights

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear of your recent bereavement. We are sure that some of our members will have been or may be going through the same experience as you are right now. Please have a look at our wellbeing support programme which you may find helpful, you can find it here, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/wellbeing.php.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 pm

You've suffered a terrible loss. These feelings will never leave: bereavement can last a lifetime. I have nearly lost a close friend - Michael - to dementia and I am always upset about it. I will never forget who he was. No one will ever forget those special memories of their loved ones and those important friends.

Life is painful without your loved one there, I know. But you can celebrate him: remember him in a way that shows that you enjoyed your life with him. And know he is in your heart and will never leave you. Because he is always there to guide you and would want you to live a busy, full life.

I can't bring your husband back, but know we all have our time and that no-one is ever forgotten and that you have loved ones around you who will be there. They'll never be able to take his place - no one can - but you can live your life to make him proud.

rainnights

by rainnights on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Thank you talkhealth and MissCandyGirl!

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm

rainnights wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:14 pm
Hi, everyone! I hope I can make sense of my thoughts at least in writing! I am recently bereaved and I find it impossible to get past the day that I lost my husband! Anyone here with a similar experience? I took care of the necessary arrangements as we do not have any other family but it feels like I am watching a movie and my mind does not seem to accept what happened!
I lost my mother at an early age. 20. The best thing to do is do something to remember him by and get some closure. You could buy a bracelet with his name or a necklace. Or you could visit the grave from time to time. Or have a song that helps you remember the good times. There are many options.

TookyTooker

by TookyTooker on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:55 pm

You just need to wait for some time, dear

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Losing someone you love is the hardest thing in the world to deal with. Itʼs a kind of pain that you physically feel all over your body. Take your time, it might take you longer than some people to get over it, but spend time doing what you need to. spending time honoring their memory will help more than running away from the pain.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 am

The paradox is, the more you run from your pain, the more pain you feel. You simply can't run away from your feelings. Bereavement is utterly devastating. There is no getting around it or hiding from it. I know the pain of losing loved ones and dear friends. I shall never forget those people. They made my world full of colour, like a glorious rainbow. But that rainbow stays in my heart: as those you've lost stays in yours. You're not alone in your grief. I am afraid the pain will never completely go, but you come to cherish the times you did have. And then the rock in your heart becomes lighter. The rock never leaves but soon becomes something you can deal with: something you can feel reminiscent about.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:04 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Just think about all the good memories you had and let time heal your pain.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:16 am

I feel great sadness with the loss the world has suffered from COVID-19. These years will be remembered always. I know if I lost my family and friends I'd be devastated: I can only imagine the pain other people are going through.

I know everyone lost will be remembered and celebrated. No life is ever wasted.

10 posts