Natural Ways to Fight Your Depression

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

14 posts
MrRoy8810

by MrRoy8810 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:16 pm

Natural Ways to Fight Your Depression

While it is a norm to have a medication for your depression after consulting your physician, there is no denial to the fact that apart from these regular meds, there are some natural ways by adopting which you can get some relief from your depression.

Listed below are some of the few natural methods that I found quite effective.

1. Exercise

When in a depressed mood, this would be the last option that you would consider to go with but studies have proved that exercising helps you relax your mind and gives you a calming effect.

2. Go Out & Explore Different stuff, Get Your Daily Sunshine Dose

You would want to stay inside and lock yourself in one room in the dark when depressed, this you should try to avoid. Gather some energy and go out, explore different things, meet new people and take your daily dose of sunshine which is very important for you in terms of your vitamin D supplements.

3. Do Your Regular Work & Sleep Well

Try to follow your regular routine as much as possible. This keeps you busy in productive things and you are avoided from indulging in negative thoughts.

4. Pet Therapy

Pet therapy is one the most important natural way to overcome depression as you get an unconditional love, support and companion in the form of your pet. They keep you moving all day and give you a good purpose to your life. These specially trained pets are called Emotional Support Animals and you get a license for them to keep them with you at home or anywhere outside.

5. Do Yoga & Deep Breathing

Yoga in combination with deep breathing is a great activity to perform for a depressed person as it enhances the mood and provide a relaxed mentality.

These are a few natural ways for me to overcome depression. Let me know any other natural remedy that you know.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Re: Natural Ways to Fight Your Depression

Hi MrRoy8810,

Thank you for your useful tips on ways to fight depression naturally, especially in these uncertain times. We're sure that our members will take these on board and luckily we're having some lovely sunshine currently. 8-)

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

mellisasentini

by mellisasentini on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:10 pm

Patchouli oil is a basic oil got from the leaves of the patchouli plant, a sort of fragrant herb.

So as to create patchouli oil, the leaves and stems of the plant are gathered and permitted to dry out. They at that point experience a refining procedure to remove the fundamental oil.
Peruse on to find out about patchouli oil, its advantages, and how to utilize it.

Patchouli oil employments:

Patchouli oil has a trademark fragrance that may be portrayed as woody, sweet, and hot. Along these lines, it's frequently utilized as a fragrance added substance in items like scents, beauty care products, and incense.
Patchouli oil has an assortment of extra uses all through the world. A portion of these include:
treating skin conditions, for example, dermatitis, skin break out, or dry, split skin
facilitating indications of conditions like colds, cerebral pains, and stomach upset
diminishing sadness
giving sentiments of unwinding and assisting with facilitating pressure or tension
assisting with slick hair or dandruff
controlling hunger
utilizing as a bug spray, antifungal, or antibacterial operator
utilizing as an added substance in low focuses to enhance nourishments like confections, heated merchandise, and refreshments

Patchouli oil benefitshttps://howtocure.com/patchouli-oil/:
A great part of the proof for the advantages of patchouli oil is recounted. This implies it's gotten from individual experience or declaration.
Lately, analysts have been effectively researching huge numbers of the utilizations and advantages of patchouli oil. Underneath, we'll investigate what their examination lets us know up until this point.

Calming properties:
A few investigations have shown that patchouli oil has a calming impact.
Expanding is a huge piece of your body's incendiary reaction. An ongoing report in mice found that one segment of patchouli oil diminished artificially actuated expanding in their paws and ears. Trusted Source
Safe cells produce an assortment of synthetic compounds related to irritation. A recent report announced that pretreating resistant cells called macrophages with patchouli liquor brought down the degrees of these particles delivered by the phones when they were stimulated.

Insusceptible cells should likewise relocate to the site of aggravation. A recent report in refined cells found that patchouli oil diminished the movement of resistant cells called neutrophils.
These discoveries are promising for the utilization of patchouli oil or its segments in treating provocative conditions.
Truth be told, an ongoing report managed patchouli oil to rodents with artificially incited fiery entrail disease. Trusted SourceThey found that rodents treated with patchouli oil had less harm and resistant cell amassing in their colon.

moore878

by moore878 on Mon May 18, 2020 3:55 pm

I think the best way to move away the depression is to make exercises regularly at least half an hour in a day. However, when you feel depressed and anxious you just can't find the motivation for making exercises. At this point, you need help of your family or friends. Since the time I started to live in my mother's I never missed an exercise thanks to her warnings. She's been very supportive and I appreciate it much.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Great advice. A hope everyone with depression takes the advice you've given. I will myself. I definitely am prone to up and down moods: knowing when it is depression will give me reason to follow the advice.

Thank you.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon May 25, 2020 11:47 pm

You're right: exercise does help fight depression. I have found the more active I am the less depressed I am.

AlexaCurtis

by AlexaCurtis on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:29 pm

One more point we can add.

I guess many people has interest or hobby to learn something like Painting, Playing Guitar or some other new stuffs than the usual you do.

So start learning you will fell better and confident as the time passes.

Just try it!!!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 am

Finding a passion in life: whether learning the guitar or piano. Learning to cook, riding a bike [with a helmet at all times], going for walks in the countryside, bird watching, painting, writing poems... A hobby - a passion - really helps boost the mood and reduce depression. At mental health places, they encourage people to find a hobby in their lives. Even painting tea cups can help.

Depression is hard to deal with, but it can be managed with the right mental health and recreational treatment. I do have to say, though, the sufferer of depression has to also want to be helped. No one can help someone who doesn't help themselves.

scilover

by scilover on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:03 am

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 am
Finding a passion in life: whether learning the guitar or piano. Learning to cook, riding a bike [with a helmet at all times], going for walks in the countryside, bird watching, painting, writing poems... A hobby - a passion - really helps boost the mood and reduce depression. At mental health places, they encourage people to find a hobby in their lives. Even painting tea cups can help.

Depression is hard to deal with, but it can be managed with the right mental health and recreational treatment. I do have to say, though, the sufferer of depression has to also want to be helped. No one can help someone who doesn't help themselves.
Yes, this is so true! Finding a passion in life really can make a difference as not only it reduces stress, it gives purpose to your everyday life. For example, my passion is art and everyday I think of new ideas of creating artworks. Sometimes the outcomes isn't nice but knowing that I'm improving pushes me more. So nowadays, I always keep myself busy 24/7!

lookharper6@gmail.com

by lookharper6@gmail.com on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:57 am

Here I tell you some ways by which you can fight your depression naturally are;

1. Get enough sleep.
2. Eat healthily.
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Avoid alcohol.
5. Set goals and work for them.

14 posts