Beware of Losing Hearing Capabilities

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
georgezella

by georgezella on Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:22 pm

Beware of Losing Hearing Capabilities

An individual's sense of organs connect him to the outside world. A malfunction of a sensory organ can act as a barrier in the communication process. Ears help us hear different sounds in the world. Losing the ability to hear clearly can upset anyone. There are symptoms that would help identify hearing loss in the early stages.

If you ask people to repeat instructions or repeat some words repeatedly, it means that you will not be able to understand what they are saying to you. Words are not registering in your head because you are not entering the correct information. Check to see if you've started reading people's lips as they speak to you. This means that just listening is not enough to understand. You need to use other senses to support the work of others.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Re: Beware of Losing Hearing Capabilities

I had glue ear as a child: and still have slight hearing problems. I would advise anyone struggling with their hearing see their doctor. Losing hearing or having one's hearing diminished needs to be addressed urgently.

Also, treatments can be surgery. Or the person could be fitted with a hearing aid. But let me say this: a hearing aid isn't like the old, massive ones back in the day: they're now small and discreet. So don't feel you would be embarrassed in public.

If you're losing your hearing, get medical help straight away.

2 posts