33 Depression Treatments

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

8 posts
kritishawns

by kritishawns on Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:41 pm

33 Depression Treatments

Depression treatment is possible through multiple remedies. Depression medications and psychotherapy can help to cope with depression symptoms, while natural treatments for depression, like herbal remedies and body treatments, can address imbalances and depression causes. Explore the wheel for Medicine, Herbs, Diet, Body, Mind, and Spirit treatments that can help treat and cure depression. Integrate depression treatments from different areas to come up with a care plan that works for you.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Re: 33 Depression Treatments

There are many types of therapy available. Three of the more common methods used in depression treatment include cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, and psychodynamic therapy. Often, a blended approach is used.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:11 am

Depression is very common these days: and so are treatments. Both your advice makes sense.

I do think it can take many years of such treatments to "heal" - or at least reduce - depression. Of course, in some cases, no treatment works. But that usually is for those who have it very severely. I would advise anyone with depression not lose hope: the above treatments WILL alleviate the symptoms and make day-to-day life easier to handle.

I had depression many years ago: as did my father. My dad, however, only suffered for 4 or 5 years and has been fine thereafter. It goes to show anyone can defeat depression.

Brilliant advice above and anyone can use it. Also, never believe you're alone: you're not. Depression is far more common these days than you may realize.

expressivetherapy

by expressivetherapy on Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:15 am

Art, music, and dance are forms of creative expression that can help you process and cope with emotional issues, including depression. People can express and process how they feel through movement. The therapy helps people improve both their mental and physical health.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:53 pm

You're right, expressivetherapy.

I do those things myself: and they work.

aeon1234

by aeon1234 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:31 am

If your family is facing any types of depression problems, you should consult with family therapy experts. They can help you in your depression treatments.

Chiran_00000

by Chiran_00000 on Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 am

There are numerous treatments for depression. But it's easy to say hard to do. Most of them are Quality sleep, Good nutrition, regular exercise, meditation, and so on. If a person is unable to do so s/he can directly go to the doctor for consultancy. They will recommend to you what to do further.
nowadays people can also directly book appointments online. If any person is unable to visit the doctors they can consult virtually. It has become easier with the development of science and technology. Hospitals like mychart henry ford provide excellent services in the field of health. They care about your mind, body, and spirit equally.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:17 am

The problem is when you're depressed, you KNOW what you need to do, but you're deeply depressed so can't do them. It is easy to say you should do Y, X or Z but with serious depression, the person does not have the motivation to do them. They just want to curl up into a ball and die.

I have always struggled with depression myself. Thankfully I am able to deal with it today, but - as a young person - it destroyed my life. I was so ill I could not do normal things and lost out on my teenage development. I know it was depression looking back. Even today I suffer with depression.

I know the steps work, but it is hard to follow them when you're badly depressed. Because you feel you're alone, so what will ever change even if you do seek help?

I write this because I understand what others are going through. Unfortunately, some cannot be saved: and will commit suicide. But others have a chance to reduce their depression and live a normal life. BUT they need to want to ask for help.

8 posts