Hi I am new here and i want to know about Health Related.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
JuanTroyer

by JuanTroyer on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:50 am

Hi I am new here and i want to know about Health Related.

Hi i want to share that i cant sleep, I think i have an insomnia. I have been awake for 24 hours now. Is melatonin good for me? Thanks

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:05 pm

Re: Hi I am new here and i want to know about Health Related.

You've heard it before, but setting up a night-time routine is vital.

Also - this will sound odd - but don't force yourself to sleep: the more you want to sleep, the less able you are to sleep. It is a paradox, but is true.

If you can, accept you go without enough sleep, build your life around that. Maybe you just naturally don't need a lot of sleep. You are not other people: while others need a good 8-10 hours of sleep a night, you may only need 5 hours.

Basically:

1. Set up a night-time routine
2. Use lavendar on your pillow
3. Don't force yourself to sleep
4. Take sleeping aid tablets
5. Keep your bedroom calm and at the right temperature
6. Keep a novel by your bed to read when you can't sleep
7. Get up in the morning at the same time: even if you've not been sleeping

I do hope I've helped.

shyroon025@gmail.com

by shyroon025@gmail.com on Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:08 pm

Mental health is the most important aspect of ourselves to stay a happier and healthier life. Physical health and mental health are connected with one another. To stay fit and healthy, you should take care of your mental health.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:09 am

shyroon025@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:08 pm
Mental health is the most important aspect of ourselves to stay a happier and healthier life. Physical health and mental health are connected with one another. To stay fit and healthy, you should take care of your mental health.
This is advice I take.

My mental health is very important to me: I look after myself. I have a regular night-time routine. I don't get up too early in the morning. If I do, I make sure to have a nap in the daytime, if possible.

Having enough sleep helps improve mental health: I know I like my sleep. Of course I don't spend all day in bed - I am far too busy - but going to bed early nightly and staying in my bedroom for several hours keeps my brain healthy.

If someone is struggling to sleep, I'd say don't force it. Because the more you're trying to fall asleep the less likely you'll fall asleep. Sleeping pills DO work and I'd advise taking them. Keeping a regular night-time routine also helps. AND: look forward to going to sleep. If you WANT to sleep - and not get all agitated - you should have few problems getting your shuteye.

4 posts