Deep breathing exercises for mental health?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
JuanTroyer

by JuanTroyer on Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:45 am

Deep breathing exercises for mental health?

I’ve been wanting to try this deep breathing meditation music for a few days now. However, I don’t want to waste my time on exercises that cannot give me any results. That’s why I want to know about the experiences of people that have tried this. Can I get better sleep and mental health when I try it? Thanks to anyone who replies!

wanderer

by wanderer on Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:30 pm

Re: Deep breathing exercises for mental health?

Hi, I totally agree with the fact thatdeep breathing excersies indeed help to improve mental health as I had experiencd it. Often during moments of anxiety or extreme conditions, deep breathing excersies have helped me a lot to reduce my stress and anxiety along with coping up with the situation.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:25 pm

Re: Deep breathing exercises for mental health?

I have heard of this. It works for some people, it doesn't work for other people. But I'd happily try it: it is a therapy that must work, or no one would do it.

I am no expert, but I would definitely give it a go. Again, it must work on some level: or no one would teach it. I do also think it is part of yoga, but I could be wrong. However, I am a fan of yoga: it is therapeutic and keeps the body supple. Yoga also helps with the body and mind connection.

Just a few thoughts.

3 posts