Can foods help in improving mental health ?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

14 posts
hugo12

by hugo12 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Can foods help in improving mental health ?

Since i already know that consuming healthy foods can keep you disease free as well as strong. But can these same foods help us improve our mental strength ?

frederickwilfred

by frederickwilfred on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Can foods help in improving mental health ?

Of course, foods have a great effect on improving our health. Whenever I eat some delicious and healthy foods, my mind cheers up and I feel so happy.For this reason, I am saying that foods can improve our mental health.

meerakannan

by meerakannan on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:12 am

Healthy diet protect mental health.
. Eat regular meals to maintain constant blood sugar
. Choose fruit, beans, nuts, lentils and vegetables
. Include oily fish in diet
. Maintain healthy weight
. Limit alcohol intake
. Exercise regularly

healthcare247

by healthcare247 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:53 am

Yes, Fruits like apple, cherry, blue berry, dry fruits like almonds these are mainly help us to improve mental health.

laraaustin

by laraaustin on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:39 am

Of course, foods can have the ability to control the mental and physical health. Some clinics in Ajman recently conducted a medical program to give awareness to the people about the importance of foods in health. I have joined with them.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Promotional link removed as per forum policy

masonjames

by masonjames on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:47 pm

According to food can help you in improving the mental health for sure, but you may also require some mental relaxation workouts with them, like yoga. Because, yoga is considered as the most helpful exercise for mental relaxation.
Last edited by talkhealth on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed as forum rules do not allow posting of commercial links.

Kaycee Owin

by Kaycee Owin on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:27 am

Short answer Yes, without a doubt. More so than many think.
I am 50 yrs old and was always a very strong minded, confident, self sufficient, independent and laid back person. Last year I started having several mental and physical issues that were completely out of character for me. Attacks of anxiety, agitation, compulsiveness, addictive tendencies, depression and along with it I was having memory and cognitive problems, total lack of creativity, motivation and interest in life in general.
I had only a couple hours in the morning where I was clear headed and functional, after that I was worthless the rest of the day, would sleep for hours in the afternoon.
As a wife and business partner (we own our own business) I was becoming more of a hindrance than a help.
Dr.s and blood tests always say everything is within normal range but are always willing to prescribe the drugs for the symptoms which I refuse to do.
I went to a local clinic that specializes in endocrine disorders and did a massive amount of blood work, but their program costs more than I make in a year so could not afford it, they did give a summery of the blood work and said my liver was slightly off. So I went to a health food store and got an organic liver cleanse, three weeks on it and not only were most of the symptoms gone but I felt better than I had in 30 yrs. Unfortunately about a week after stopping the cleanse the symptoms would come back, this led me to believe it is what I am eating, between a naturalist Dr and some elimination diets I cut out gluten/wheat which has stopped most of my mental issues. I still have some memory and creativity issues. However now I have more physical problems, which is why I actually came to this forum so if anyone has any ideas please share. Between more elimination diets and allergy testing I have also stopped corn, chocolate, coffee and some spices. My symptoms (which will go away after doing the liver cleanse again) are bad fatigue, small exertions cause shortness of breath, overall feeling of inflammation and tightness in the chest. After a week on the liver cleanse I am willing and able to climb in the hills however they say staying on it could cause damage so I really need some help with this.
For those that wonder about food and mental health I have several articles that are showing the connection but not sure if we can post links as I have not seen any yet.

lookharper6@gmail.com

by lookharper6@gmail.com on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:36 pm

Yes, it is true that eating healthy foods contains vegetables, fruits, and nutrients can improve your mental health.

14 posts