Getting control of my Alters (D.I.D sufferer) seeking advice

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
The berk

by The berk on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:58 am

Getting control of my Alters (D.I.D sufferer) seeking advice

Hi all.

Don't know if this is the best place to ask this. (Which I will more likely have no recollection so linking it with my phone) But does anyone know someone with D.I.D, be a suffer yourself or have any helpful techniques to rein in my Alters. I will be in Musician or the happy me and all it takes is a tiny thing and another Alter switches in place. My child like Alter broke out and embarrassed me royally in front of those who just think I'm... Odd.

I have had a very bad past, just finished counseling for a child hood issue to dark to discuss. I also lost my best friend as a teenager (We were like brothers) People tell me they will talk to me and I will just look like I'm listening but nothing sticks. Proves it when I deny they ever said anything. I have Alters who hate my other Alters and I hate them! I'm getting worried about the number of amount of Alters/switches or whatever they are I have. When I was diagnosed supposedly I upset the Doctor and never went back screaming I have M.P.D not D.I.D not realizing he came to the same conclusion the first Doctor came to and they mean the same thing.

I have black outs a lot. Find myself extremely confused a majority of the time. I get a burning in my temples, a sign I switched and most of the time it's someone I know telling me the tales of what I have no recollection of. I find it hard to make friends and keep them. I ask question after annoying question and I'm ranting.

I can play several instruments because of this condition. ex. One Alter will learn Banjo and then I don't remember until I look at my recordings so it has it's pros just fed up with the cons. I ain't medicated except from Martazipine which I forget to take but that's for the night terrors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

A quick list of the Alters I know about: The Child, The Analyst, The Creative one, The Emo (This one terrifies me in my book of horrors), The Perfectionist, The Ranter/Nasty Alter (I hate him) and the Clown.

Kind Regards
Berk (Friend fondly nicknamed me this from trap door because I'm odd and because of another friend)

Also if this is in the wrong place could mod move it? Cheers.

2 posts