What can i do to prevent everyday paranoia and anxiety?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

1 post
joshuapayne

by joshuapayne on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:23 pm

What can i do to prevent everyday paranoia and anxiety?

Hi all, this problem has been going on for some time now; a good 1-2 years (every single day might i add), i have general paranoid thoughts all day everyday about the most trivial things. Mainly social environments in which i have to play a vital functioning role in. Sometimes i believe that i am the one to cause awkwardness and silent points in a conversation set off my anxiety to the next level. I am very conscious about how i speak and fear that people know i have some form of mental disorder, i become very suspicious of how new people and even close friends think of me.
I never used to be like this at all and i hope its just a confidence problem - it was probably a bad idea to research into all different kinds of mental health problems in the 1st place but again this may be due to my severe paranoid mindset?

Paranoid personality disorder symptoms seem to be the most relateable ones but i wanted to find out of you guys could give any advice?

Josh