Emotional Intelligence

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

1 post
addybrown

by addybrown on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Emotional Intelligence

I think of myself as a fairly reasonable man who didn't pay much attention about how I or people around me felt. However, after a personal event, that changed my life forever, I begin appreciating every single day of my live. I grown, matured and changed since then. Understanding what I feel and what people around me feel was for sure a part of this process.

Emotions can be complicated and difficult to understand, yet alone to manage. However there are ways that this can be achieved. With some practice and maybe some guidence everyone can reach high level of emotional quotient. You just need to know what to observe and how to keep this particular phenomenon under control. After that you can just feel the snowball effect.

The internet is full of self-help books and pseudo-scientific suggestion on how to become more emotionall intelligent. Most of them are of course bogus. I for example went to see some profesional help where I got in touch with myself with some help of introspection and descriptive experience sampling. Interesting method that really opened my eyes about my person. However, there is a book from a new author that I found very interesting. Linda E. Masters, in her book Boosting your EQ, was able to incorporate most of the techniques used by doctors. In addition she was able to apply them to everyday situations. I was impressed. Maybe you want to try it too.

All in all, be positive, stay commited to yourself and take care of yourselves and others.

All the Best,

Adam
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed, commercial promotion not allowed per our terms and conditions.