Depression medication

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
kman3555

by kman3555 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Depression medication

Hi. I have suffered depression on and off now for over 15 years. I currently am proscribed Vensir, lomotrigine, levomepromazine and zoplicone. I also take warfarin, omeprazole, bisperol, irbesartan and atovastatin which were prescribed last year when I had a mechanical valve fitted. Obviously when In hospital the pharmiscist did talk to me, but since the operation I have had lower moods, irritability etc and was wondering if the tablets prescribed would be having an effect on my depression tablets. I also am concerned a little with how long I have been on the depression tablets and was wondering what the long term effects these tablets could have on my health. I am currently 56 and whilst I have recovered well from my heart operation I just would like to know what you think about the effects all these tablets will be having on me.

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:35 am

Re: Depression medication

Dear Kman3555,

Thank you for your post and apologies for the delay in our response. I can imagine that taking all these medicines is tricky and I am sorry to hear of your concerns.

I genuinely believe you would benefit from an in-depth review of the medicines you use with your local community pharmacist. They will be able to take each medicine in turn and discuss its use with you, whilst looking at side effects and how you feel about it. They will be able to answer your questions and talk with you in detail about your concerns. I believe this will be more valuable to you.

Please do go visit your local community pharmacist. They will be more than happy to help and will advise you of whether you need to visit the GP for further review.

Kind regards,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts