Fluoxetine

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

7 posts
mansman

by mansman on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Fluoxetine

Hi - this may sound like a strange question but just wondered if anyone has been on Fluoxetine and can let me know whether it was OK. I have a form of prostate disease called prostatitis and my GP has tried antibiotics which haven't really worked. He's suggesting Fluoxetine which can be used to treat this sort of condition, but was made to treat depression. I'm nervous about taking it for a prostate problem as I'm not sure what the side effects could be.

If anyone can enlighten me I'd be grateful.

DeebyLeicestershire

by DeebyLeicestershire on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Fluoxetine

Hi
I have been on flux for 4 years now , and had a prev stint of about 8 years, it does help with treating my depression, and am lucky I don't seem to get any side effects, it also helped get me thru my eating disorder.
That's about it really good luck with your treatment
Deeby

mansman

by mansman on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi DeebyLeicestershire - thanks for replying to my post. It's good to know that you've not suffered any side effects taking the medication. I will do a little more research then go back and talk to my GP. Thanks again - really helpful.

ali-w

by ali-w on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:27 pm

hi I too have been on fluoxetine for 3yrs now (for depression) and have been on it a few times i the past I haven't gotten any side affects other that feeling a little 'spaced' if I miss a dose although nothing very bad (sort of like if u stand up too quickly or miss a meal maybe)
good luck hope everything goes well for u
Ali

starrycaroline

by starrycaroline on Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 pm

hi i been on fluoxetine but had to come off it as i had loads of side affects was alright for ages on it then they came on
im now on venalixine insed
venalixine is a second line antidepation
as i been on so many over the years im only 28

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:06 am

One of my friends on flux for 3 years.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:39 pm

Fluoxetine is an antidepressant and belongs to a group of medicines known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This medicine works by increasing the activity of a chemical called serotonin in the brain. This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.

7 posts