don't know how to cope

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
Maxi05

by Maxi05 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:02 pm

don't know how to cope

I have depression that comes and goes and has been with me for the last few years. It is usually affected by my environment such as relationship problems, money worries etc but it is more than being a bit depressed. I have felt suicidal and violent. I haven't been violent towards anyone but i feel so angry and desperate sometimes and so isolated. There are plenty of people around me who want to help but i dont know what or how to explain to them when i can hardly understand it myself.

I do see a therapist and that helps but then i go back to square 1with each recurrance and have to start all over again.

I have recently split up with my partner, had some bad news in the family and dont ever seem to earn enough money.

Can anyone help? Please!

judyp

by judyp on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:35 am

Re: don't know how to cope

Hello - really sorry to read you're struggling to cope

I too am depressed. I've had years of caring for my father, then mother, then husband and now my brother who is only in his 70's is ill with hydrocephalus. I feel I've spent years on a roller coaster of worry and caring for family and at times it's got me really down, stressed and depressed. I too find it difficult to cope at times as life just seems to get harder not easier!

I think talking about how you feel, with family, friends or even on a forum like this is one way to cope!

Hope things are better for you at the moment.

Maxi05

by Maxi05 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your reply. Its nice to know i am not alone. I am feeling quite positive at the moment but its difficult trying to say to someone how i feel when i am struggling to cope. The reactions are quite often along the lines of "pull yourself together" or "there are people far worse off than you".

I know there are people worse than me and i feel bad for them but that doesn't make my situation any better in my head.

claudineriddle

by claudineriddle on Fri May 04, 2012 2:22 pm

These are life phases everyone go through them.

You may not have depression because of the things that are going in your life. Various times a physical condition causes depression. Inadequate amount, or improper sleep pattern, a chronic illness, weakness, low oxygen level cause depression in a person.

I would suggest you to try some yoga exercise.

4 posts