Best Tips to Reduce Depression and Anxiety

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

32 posts
MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:29 am

Re: Best Tips to Reduce Depression and Anxiety

Looking after oneself when suffering depression and anxiety is important. Because if the person can reduce their suffering, then they will be able to tackle and control the depression. Having nice baths, going out for a walk in the sunshine, listening to a fun pop song may help in the short-term. Long-term - if these steps don't assist - then the person will need to see a professional and be treated. Also, depression and anxiety are very common. Thankfully most people survive such times, but not all. However, it is worth trying to be positive and telling your doctor how you're feeling. He/she should be able to refer you for mental health help.

Having mental health treatment is nothing to be ashamed of: so many people go down the route of seeking help and often live better lives.

I do hope I've helped.

James456

by James456 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:36 pm

1. Aim to mediate for 25mins+ Daily
2. Speak openly about your thoughts with someone who you trust
3. Write out what you’re thinking and end with soemthing positive
4. Rather than trying to suppress your feelings, try to accept them and let them pass in their own time
5. Be true to yourself and others about who you are

Also, this may not work for everyone but accupunture and kinesiology treatments have both really helped me in the past

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 pm

I agree with this. Depression and anxiety are emotional - which I should know myself - and I have used your tips when I felt really bad. Talking about one's feelings is so, so important. Being honest about how you're feeling - and how I was feeling - really helps/helped.

Also, anti-depressants do work to a certain extent, but - again - depression and anxiety are deeply emotional. They are not feelings that a pill can switch off. Plus, feeling that way is utterly awful. Counselling can help here. Even talking with loved ones helps. Plus, your tip for writing down feelings and thoughts - perhaps in a paper diary or even a file on a personal computer - can exorcise those demons.

It IS possible to reduce anxiety and depression. I'm afraid those feelings will never disappear, but we can deal with them and cope with them. Also, never pretend you're OK: if you're not OK then it is a good idea to say so. There is no point faking it with loved ones.

ayur88807

by ayur88807 on Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Psychologists use expressive arts therapy in many settings to help people explore difficult issues in their lives.
Art, music, and dance are forms of creative expression that can help you process and cope with emotional issues, including depression. Expressive therapy goes beyond traditional talk therapy. It focuses on creative outlets as a means of expression. This therapy can be especially helpful for people who find it difficult to talk about their thoughts and emotions.
Expressive therapy can include various forms of artistic expression. This can include:
• art
• music
• dance
• drama
• writing and storytelling
In expressive therapy, the therapist encourages you to use these arts to communicate about emotions and life events. These are often subjects that you may find difficult to put into words.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:25 pm

I agree 100% with you, ayur88807. Those therapies DO ease depression and anxiety. In fact, I've used those forms of therapy myself. Not with a doctor but on a personal level.

Music heals my mind. Reading is also therapeutic to me. Reading a book is very relaxing and makes me feel a lot better about the next day ahead. Having good sleeping habits also helps.

I am very emotionally well, too, because I try to fix things. I don't accept problems: and having this attitude also improves my life. I write this because therapy changes your attitude and views about your life, making your life better. And everyone has the right to a better life.

ingridcarley

by ingridcarley on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:43 am

When you're having anxiety or upset, try these:
• Take a rest. Practicing yoga, listening to music, meditating, getting a massage, or learning relaxation techniques are all good options. Taking a step back from the issue can help you clear your mind.
• Eat meals that are well-balanced. Make sure you don't miss any meals. Maintain a supply of healthy, energy-boosting snacks.
• Alcohol and caffeine, which can increase anxiety and create panic symptoms, should be avoided.
• Make sure you get enough rest. When you're anxious, your body need more sleep and rest.
• Exercise on a daily basis to keep your health and feel happy.
• Take few deep breaths. Slowly inhale and exhale.
Care Home for Elders

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:36 am

I definitely agree about alcohol worsening depression and anxiety, ingridcarley. I've known people who've tried that route: but it just worsens things to the point of no return.

Dealing with depression and anxiety is not easy, but it CAN be done. I do think treatments work and I do also know time helps. Of course there are cases when treatment doesn't work and the person never recovers. But the majority of people DO recover.

Have faith and hope if you're suffering from these two conditions. Because you're not alone and you can fight it. Talk to your doctor and get therapy. Therapy isn't a cure BUT it helps a person cure themselves.

stefydoe

by stefydoe on Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:25 am

RoyParker wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:13 pm
What are the Best Tips to Reduce Depression and Anxiety During Addiction Recovery?
Hey Roy,

I read your post.

You know very well that recovery is the process of getting better from an illness or otherwise returning to a state of physical and mental health.
So, sometime depression and anxiety is happens in the recovery process. For you i have some ideas and tricks which will i think it would be very helpful to reduce depression and anxiety during addiction recovery.

1. Maintain a daily routine: If you feel that your daily routine is very boring in the recovery process then you can change it a little like if you doing exercise daily in the morning instead of that you can go for walk in that way you can set your daily goals depends on your mood. :)
2. Keep connect with your friends: Everyone knows that friends are one where we share all the things and live with freely.So every day you keep talking to them for some time and do some new activities with them, so this will also be a big change and help in your recovery.
3.Make some dietary changes: :) :) You must know this saying, that if you get good food and meal then our mind also works well. That is to say, if you feel lonely, sad then try something new, change your diet as well as cook some new food and try some new recipes, because if you think about it then you are in the recovery process won't even feel like that.
4. Get Moving and Catch some rays: In the evening, you feel that now you are feeling a lot of anxiety, so go outside at that time and be in a little nature and enjoy the pure air for a while.

I feel that even if you do this much, your depression and anxiety will reduce. :) :) Best Luck!!!

Ominati888

by Ominati888 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:24 am

In this situation so complicated for you that you are not able to understand anything but the main reason can we find and treat them on the time. So it's meny more pathway to treat it:-

1 you and your friend go there place where we can feeling so better. Like open nature places.
2 your friend change lifestyle and do yoga, games and many more things then she feels good at the time.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:57 pm

stefydoe wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:25 am
RoyParker wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:13 pm
What are the Best Tips to Reduce Depression and Anxiety During Addiction Recovery?
Hey Roy,

I read your post.

You know very well that recovery is the process of getting better from an illness or otherwise returning to a state of physical and mental health.
So, sometime depression and anxiety is happens in the recovery process. For you i have some ideas and tricks which will i think it would be very helpful to reduce depression and anxiety during addiction recovery.

1. Maintain a daily routine: If you feel that your daily routine is very boring in the recovery process then you can change it a little like if you doing exercise daily in the morning instead of that you can go for walk in that way you can set your daily goals depends on your mood. :)
2. Keep connect with your friends: Everyone knows that friends are one where we share all the things and live with freely.So every day you keep talking to them for some time and do some new activities with them, so this will also be a big change and help in your recovery.
3.Make some dietary changes: :) :) You must know this saying, that if you get good food and meal then our mind also works well. That is to say, if you feel lonely, sad then try something new, change your diet as well as cook some new food and try some new recipes, because if you think about it then you are in the recovery process won't even feel like that.
4. Get Moving and Catch some rays: In the evening, you feel that now you are feeling a lot of anxiety, so go outside at that time and be in a little nature and enjoy the pure air for a while.

I feel that even if you do this much, your depression and anxiety will reduce. :) :) Best Luck!!!
I love this post. It is 100% accurate. I'd follow this advice if you're suffering from anxiety and depression.

32 posts