Unable to sleep

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

27 posts
Erin Esmeralda

by Erin Esmeralda on Fri May 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: Unable to sleep

Individuals with a sleeping disorder have a tendency to experience difficulty nodding off, staying unconscious for the duration of the night, or they wake up too soon in the morning. There are approaches to help with each of these examples:

Tips for falling sleep

Cut out no less than 30 minutes of wind-down time before bed in which you accomplish something unwinding, for example, read a book. Faint the lights in the house somewhat for 60 minutes or so before bed.

Detach from short proximity electronic gadgets, for example, portable PCs, telephones, and tablets, as the light from their screens can alarm the mind and make it harder to nod off.

So as to quiet your brain, do a breathing or unwinding exercise.

On the off chance that you get into quaint little inn nod off following 20 minutes, get up and come back to another space in the house to do an unwinding movement, for example, perusing or listening to music. Lying in bed alert can make an undesirable connection between your dozing surroundings and alertness. Rather, you need your bed to summon lethargic contemplations and sentiments as it were.

Wake up in the meantime consistently. Regardless of the possibility that you experience serious difficulties sleeping and feel tired in the morning, attempt to get up in the meantime (weekends included). This can change your body's check and help in nodding off around evening time.
Last edited by talkhealth on Fri May 13, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Promotional content removed as per forum policy

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue May 17, 2016 8:38 pm

Thank you for the tips! :D
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

matthewtweedie

by matthewtweedie on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:52 am

Try out hypnosis if you have sleep disorder it works amazingly, one of friends have the same problem as you have but nowt with hypnotherapy session he is relaxed and sorted....... :geek:
Adelaide Anxiety Clinic provides treatments of various mental health problems such as social anxiety, binge eating, IBS and PTSD. To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.adelaideanxietyclinic.com.au/

ashleyjackson

by ashleyjackson on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:54 am

Hi matthewtweedie,
Great tips.I have also tried hypnosis, it works really well.
Thanks..

matthewtweedie

by matthewtweedie on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 am

Irregular work shifts and workload may affect your normal sleeping schedule. Avoid the places that are too noisy this may increase your problem. Hypnotherapy is the better way to recover your normal sleeping schedule.
Adelaide Anxiety Clinic provides treatments of various mental health problems such as social anxiety, binge eating, IBS and PTSD. To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.adelaideanxietyclinic.com.au/

healthyHazel

by healthyHazel on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Insomnia or sleep deprivation is the byproduct of our ignorance towards the healthy lifestyle. Everyone knows that sleep is very important and any disturbance to that directly affects our physical & mental wellbeing.
Many people take Brain Boosters or CBD oil supplements that are promoted as an effective supplement to boost cognitive abilities and Natural way to promote mental health. I don't know about the effectiveness of these, but their reviews claim that these actually work!
It might or might not help you, rest is your call.
Wish you recover from this problem faster & share your positive story with us :)

Healthy mind

by Healthy mind on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:25 am

Hi,
I have been in your situation, but I was lucky to recover it by drinking Hemp tea. Friend of mine recommended to me a very nice on-line store e-herbshop.com, where I got my tea from. It helped me straight away. I felt much better after drinking it. In the end of the first week, I got rid of sleep disorder.

Ericdlomo79

by Ericdlomo79 on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:31 am

Breathing meditation for sleeping problems

Hi!
As far as I know, sleeping problems can be due to two reasons,
1. A chemical imbalance in the brain (can be considered as a disease)
2. Due to the practice of some habits (If you have so many expectations, probably many thoughts may coming to your mind when you are trying to sleep, and this is an endless journey) - Not a disease

More than 90% of people have sleeping problems due to the second reason, but still, they think it is a disease. Yes, it is true that when someone has so many loving things (or so many bonds/expectations), his or her body chemistry could be changed, and then it could lead to disease https://www.healthymindc.com/2019/12/10 ... eginners1/
The bast tool to free from stress is to start practicing breathing meditation. If someone can practice the right meditation daily, definitely the person will understand the whole nature. you can get some idea about the right meditation techniques if you visit healthymindc.com

Moderators Should not remove the In any instant (Followers should find the relevant article if they are interested in)

grindwalter

by grindwalter on Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:29 pm

try meditation to clear your mind and drink chamomile tea

abytwil56

by abytwil56 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:41 am

For me sleep has been a problem for many years now although there are months where I sleep well and months where I spend nights mostly not sleeping more than 3-4 hours .... I barely manage during such days ... My mental capacities get affected immediately if I dont sleep.

1. I tried hypnotherapy using an app a few times and also
2. transcendental meditation - as in chanting continuously- calming mantras until going to sleep,
3. also listening to some music that is relaxing.
4. Walking and physical exercise helps me the most but doing too much can trigger too much alertness again
5. Drugs do help but I dont like taking them
6. Some calming teas like Peppermint have helped me a lot

27 posts