My son is suffering from sleep paralysis. What should I do?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
worriedDAD

by worriedDAD on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am

My son is suffering from sleep paralysis. What should I do?

For the past week, my son has been suffering from sleep paralysis. I don’t know if this is normal but having to deal with it for how many days is not normal anymore. My 15 year old kid kept on telling me that he’s having nightmares and bad dreams, which I don’t like. I read an article in a foreign site talking about the death of a girl who had a sleep paralysis. Please tell me what should I do. My son is at risk here. Hear me please.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: My son is suffering from sleep paralysis. What should I

Hi worriedDAD,

Welcome to the talkhealth forums and thank you for your post.

We're very sorry to hear about the problems your child has been having. It would be advisable to seek medical advice from your GP as soon as you can. They will be able to provide further support and advice on the issue.

Do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

matthewtweedie

by matthewtweedie on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:59 am

Re: My son is suffering from sleep paralysis. What should I

I know it is difficult when someone from family has some health problem. Sleep paralysis occurs when someone has Sleep apnea problem, you need to consult with a clinical psychologist that can help your son to improve sleeping habits to get rid of this problem.
Adelaide Anxiety Clinic provides treatments of various mental health problems such as social anxiety, binge eating, IBS and PTSD. To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.adelaideanxietyclinic.com.au/

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 am

Re: My son is suffering from sleep paralysis. What should I do?

We're sorry to hear that your youngster has been having issues. I know that it might be challenging when a family member is experiencing health issues. You should speak with a family physician.

4 posts