What supplements are best for depression and OCD?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

6 posts
agata7ar

by agata7ar on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Re: What supplements are best for depression and OCD?

There are some supplements that have been researched in OCD treatment studies such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, folic acid, homocysteine, trace elements, N-acetyl cysteine, glycine, myoinositol, St John's wort, milk thistle, valerian root, curcumin and borage

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:21 am

Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D

usmanmadugu8@gmail.com

by usmanmadugu8@gmail.com on Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:56 pm

While supplements like the ones you mentioned have been researched in OCD treatment studies, it's essential to remember that supplements should be used as part of a comprehensive treatment plan. Consulting with a healthcare provider or mental health professional is crucial to ensure you're taking the right supplements at the correct dosage.
Additionally, I want to emphasize the importance of seeking professional guidance when dealing with mental health conditions. Supplements can complement other forms of treatment, but they shouldn't replace them. A mental health hotline number can be a valuable resource for getting in touch with professionals who can offer personalized advice and support.

powlaime

by powlaime on Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:06 pm

Thanks for sharing that comprehensive list of supplements. It's really interesting to see how various vitamins and compounds can potentially offer relief for those dealing with OCD and depression. However, it's crucial to remember that supplements can only go so far and should ideally be part of a more holistic approach to mental health care. Medication and behavioral therapy are usually the cornerstone treatments.

I was reading an article on bpd symptoms and it got me thinking about the importance of professional diagnosis and treatment. Given the complexity and variability of mental health disorders like OCD, depression, and BPD, it's so crucial to consult with healthcare providers for personalized treatment plans.
Last edited by powlaime on Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:04 pm

usmanmadugu8@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:56 pm
While supplements like the ones you mentioned have been researched in OCD treatment studies, it's essential to remember that supplements should be used as part of a comprehensive treatment plan. Consulting with a healthcare provider or mental health professional is crucial to ensure you're taking the right supplements at the correct dosage.
Additionally, I want to emphasize the importance of seeking professional guidance when dealing with mental health conditions. Supplements can complement other forms of treatment, but they shouldn't replace them. A mental health hotline number can be a valuable resource for getting in touch with professionals who can offer personalized advice and support.
I second this post. If anyone with mental health conditions is reading this, this is valuable advice.

Good luck too to anyone reaching out to improve their mental health.

6 posts