Bipolar, Stress and Anxiety

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

6 posts
RosalindB

by RosalindB on Fri May 03, 2019 11:57 am

Bipolar, Stress and Anxiety

I'm a 45 year old woman and I've had mental health problems since I had my first child at 20. After having my 3rd child at 28 I was finally taken seriously and sent to a Psychiatrist who immediately diagnosed me with Bipolar Affective Disorder with Frequent Depressive Episodes. I've been on Lithium for about 15 years and different anti depressants, currently Duloxetine.
I've also been diagnosed twice in the last few years with Bipolar, anxiety AND depression. My Psychiatrist no longer sees me, he says I'm "too sensitive". I WAS seeing someone from MIND in partnership with the NHS, but when I tried to make another appointment last month I was told he wasn't there anymore. "No call for it" I was told.
Since having my 25 year back pain diagnosed in 2017 with an MRI scan (2 bulging discs, moderate osteoarthritis in my sacroiliac joints and mild arthritis in my entire spine, I have spiralled down and no-one seems to care. The last time I spoke to GP was via phone (she didn't want to see me) and she told me that she could put up my lithium and antiD doses. But she didn't. I asked to be referred for CBT for my awful thoughts, but she didn't do that either. I referred myself through the Wellbeing website a few months ago, but have heard nothing.
I feel abandoned yet again by the NHS. I want to feel better but I am being given no tools. My dreams are all disturbing and upsetting (when I can sleep), I'm so tired all the time and the worse I feel mentally, the more my body hurts. My husband is working all the time because his bosses dump on him, so he's not here for me. I only go out to shop and that's a struggle because of the people. Plus someone has to come with me to lift and carry, which makes me feel even more useless.
I'm sure of I could learn how to cope with the stress and anxiety I could feel much better, but I don't know how.
Please help!!!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Re: Bipolar, Stress and Anxiety

Hi RosalindB

Thank you for your very open post. We are sorry that you feel that you have been let down by you GP and the NHS, do you have any support groups you can join which are close to you? We have a free wellbeing support programme which covers lots of different areas, some of which are:

Sleep, digital detoxing
Weight and exercise
Men's and Women's health covering all age ranges
Mental and emotional well-being
Skin, allergies
Gut health, nutrition, sugar, salt, heart and cholesterol
Pain and first aid
Musculoskeletal
Seasonal health
Foot, hair, and oral/mouth health
Sexual health
Vision and hearing
Incontinence and bladder issues
Compassion fatigue and caring for others

You can have a look for yourself here, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/wellbeing.php, we hope you find it helpful.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

RosalindB

by RosalindB on Tue May 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Thank you so much for your reply and the information. I shall check it out.

arvbuttar

by arvbuttar on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi,
It is better to join support groups to get rid of anxiety issues.
Thanks.

idavid24

by idavid24 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Better you join social groups and speak with more like minded people. Meditation is the most effect way to deal with anxiety or stress.

RosalindB

by RosalindB on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 pm

How? HOW exactly, when most days I cannot leave the house. :cry:

6 posts