Bereavement and Illness

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
LeoNorthampton

by LeoNorthampton on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Bereavement and Illness

Hi All

This is the first time I'm doing something like this so bare with.

Since I was 11, I've had 6 operations down below, and to be fair to myself, I've bottled it up and kept that lid closed. In 2020, particularly this week, I don't know what has happened but I'm finding myself asking, why do I want to be here anymore. My story continues:

I was admitted twice into A&E as I was mis-diagonsed. Turns out that there is so much blood being pumped that my sperm is overheating, meaning that in the future, I probably won't be able to have children. On top of that, (and you will hopefully get me if you have a pet), my 15 year companion was going into heart failure. I made the decision to put him down on Friday. I was basically my cats carer, needed 9 tablets a day for the last 2 months, but was also the one constant I could talk too. I would be relieved of all stress. Now he's gone, I'm thinking I can't cope - but I also know deep down that this isn't the case.

I havent a clue what to do. I am the support pillar for the family. Last year I cared for my mum who went through cancer and thankfully is in remission this year, but I just keep getting knocked down. Do I even have a mental health issue or am I blowing things up way out of proportion?

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:46 pm

Re: Bereavement and Illness

The pain of loss can feel overwhelming, but there are healthy ways to cope with your grief and learn to heal. Seek out support from people who care about you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:39 pm

Hello - you are absolutely not blowing anything out of proportion. A loss of a pet can be totally devastating, and it sounds like the accumulation of many things has brought everything to ahead. For many people the strain that we are all under for whatever reasons due to COVID have highlighted so much and made us think about our lives. Also, things that have happened in our past particularly in childhood often need to be processed fully as an adult as we cant obviously do that when we are children. I suggest you speak with your GP or a councillor from one of the excellent services provided by our mental health charities to see what steps they suggest you should take for starters.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:25 am

learn to heal because, one day everything will change.

4 posts