Yoga for a healthy mind and body

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

13 posts
johnpeter.yoga4@gmail.com

by johnpeter.yoga4@gmail.com on Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Yoga for a healthy mind and body

Yoga is a great practice for the entire body—and a fantastic way to keep your mind healthy, too. Yoga is all about seeing the bigger picture and working towards a goal in a calm and focused manner. Not only does that make it a great practice for your body, but it helps you approach all aspects of your life in the same way.

First, let's take a look at stretching. Yoga stretches are gentle—flexible, but not straining to the point of discomfort. This helps you be more aware of how you move throughout the day and gives you some tools to be more flexible, whether it's mentally or physically. Before you know it, you'll be more flexible in every aspect of your life, including work tasks and social activities!

Second, yoga encourages deep breathing. The deep breaths you take while doing yoga help support relaxation as well as getting oxygen to your muscles. Deep breathing also encourages mindfulness—you can focus on breathing in and out and nothing else. That kind of focus can carry over into other parts of your life as well! A quick five minute session of deep breaths whenever you're feeling stressed or anxious can really help calm yourself down so that you're ready to tackle your day with the same relaxed mindset that comes with doing yoga

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:34 am

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:53 am

I do the 20 minute yoga it is really refreshes my mind I love it.

13 posts