Yoga for a healthy mind and body

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

13 posts
martharichard

by martharichard on Sat May 29, 2021 9:56 am

Yoga for a healthy mind and body

Mental health is as important as physical health. We should take care of our mind as we take care of our body. In today’s world taking care of mental health is very important. If you are facing any issues regarding mental health you should consult a professional who can help you in many ways. Along with therapy you can also try breathing exercise, meditation, yoga. Yoga is a physical and mental practice for a healthy body and mind. Yoga improves body strength, balance and it relaxes your mind and helps for a better sleep. It manages stress also. Whether you are facing mental health issues or any sleeping disorder physical exercise like Yoga can help you to get through it. Yoga helps you to stay positive and deal with mental illness.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Re: Yoga for a healthy mind and body

Yoga has been practised for thousands of years: your post explains why.

I have done yoga a fair few times in the past. It is excellent exercise and rather enjoyable. I certainly join in when my social group runs a yoga class. Also: tai chi is brilliant for health. I've also done a fair amount of tai chi.

I'd advise anyone try it!

stefydoe

by stefydoe on Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:42 pm

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:40 pm
Yoga has been practised for thousands of years: your post explains why.

I have done yoga a fair few times in the past. It is excellent exercise and rather enjoyable. I certainly join in when my social group runs a yoga class. Also: tai chi is brilliant for health. I've also done a fair amount of tai chi.

Great, Really you told right about exercise.

Ominati888

by Ominati888 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:40 am

Really the yoga and meditation is the bast way of control your mantal halth with your body halth. because our mind is control our body reaction in this case the better reaction to make us in batter in our life.
So make good things and enjoy your life freely in the world.

wanderer

by wanderer on Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:09 am

Hi, totally agree with this! Practicing yoga and meditation have helped me to a great extent in controlling my emotions and maintaining a positive mental health. It infact refreshes both our mind and body giving an energy boost for the day.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:55 pm

There is great value in such treatments.

BennyCRG

by BennyCRG on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:14 pm

there is no denying that yoga has great importance for your mental health improvement. but it's also not for everyone and there are people that don't know where/how to start doing it. I was struggling as well, especially since I started during the pandemic in total lockdown, so I had to look online for help/advice. Wasn't expecting a lot, but I came across some decent courses and articles and then went through an app phase where I tried a couple like Smiliing mind, 5 min yoga and Yours app. Most of them have great content, but I stayed with the last one since it had more content on both yoga and meditation and a nice bonus which was short videos from psychologists about our minds. I found out that yoga really helped me to change my physical and mental health for the better and I'm keen on continuing this and improving myself.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:45 am

There are yoga groups all over the country: Britain and America included. Class fees are usually quite low, so even those on a tight budget could afford to attend a yoga class.

But - you're right - yoga is not for everyone. If someone gives it a go and doesn't like it, then that is their prerogative. Personally speaking, I love yoga and love Tai Chi, too. I just need to do them more often!

Anyhow, if you've got an evening free, give yoga a go. Then you can decide if it is for you.

My_UserName

by My_UserName on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:36 pm

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:40 pm
Also: tai chi is brilliant for health. I've also done a fair amount of tai chi.

I have some Tai Chi DVDs (as well as my DDP Yoga ones) here at my house. Do you do the "short form" Tai Chi, or the longer one? I have one where a Tai Chi routine takes about six minutes, and another one that's much, much longer (I think it's in the neighborhood of 20 minutes).

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:19 pm

I do the 6 minute Tai Chi and I love it.

13 posts