How to keep up good mental health!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

8 posts
Alexs_the_parrot

by Alexs_the_parrot on Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:16 pm

How to keep up good mental health!

I just wanted to share with you how I keep up my mental health on a very good level these days. There are actually three tips I wanted to tell you. First would be spending time with my family. I love spending time with my family, specially when I want to escape all things I have to do that pisses me off sometimes... Second thing I wanted to tell you is to say that spending half an hour or more in the nature is a real stress relief! I like to spend couple of hours a week in the nature, sometimes alone, just thinking, sometimes together with my family, but mostly with my dog, Lucky, who was my best friend when I thought I was alone, and he still is one my best friends to this day... The third thing I wanted to share with you, but no less important, is that actually reading books helped me a lot! I was, and still am crazy about reading books :D ! They helped me a lot on this journey on which I became a better person and on which I learned to take serious my mental health. Some of the books I was reading and which helped me a ton are Furiously Happy, Speaking of Summer, I am telling the truth, but I am lying... Maybe they will help you too... Actually I started to listen to audiobooks lately because while I listen to them I can lay in my bed and just relax... Hope, If you want to listen to them, they will help you the same way they helped me.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:28 pm

Re: How to keep up good mental health!

We're on the same page, Alexs_the_parrot!

I do the exact same as you! Reading books is so therapeutic and heals the mind. Having good mental health is very important to me. I do all I can to make my mind better and make my mind sane. Your tips are tips I'd suggest!

Your dog, Lucky, sounds wonderful. I often wish I had a pet. But I don't. One-day, though, I WILL have a pet cat. I LOVE cats.

A brilliant post!

stefydoe

by stefydoe on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:30 am

Lots of examples of having good mental health, i will tell my example whenever I feel that i am depressed and feeling not well , i prefers dance and reading to me at that time. I lam doing dancing and reading the books like motivational, poetry, in that way all the bad thoughts that come, they stop. :) :) .

So i suggest there are so many ways to keep up good mental health like reading, dancing, travelling, writing and so many. It depends on the person that who he/she have take good care of his mental health.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:39 pm

For me, I try to stay positive. I try to get up in the morning, follow a normal routine. I have my computer work and my writing to keep me occupied.

I shall be attending a day group and starting a volunteer job: just every day living to keep me sane. Because if you are always alone, thoughts creep up on you: paranoia hits. You become anxious, depressed, lonely and most of all: confused.

The only way to deal with these hard emotions is to be with people and see reality. You also have to find passions to occupy your life: whether that be reading poetry or painting or reading about science. Whatever YOU find interesting is valid.

butterflybean88@gmail.com

by butterflybean88@gmail.com on Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:24 pm

How about trying self loving lifestyle.
Last edited by butterflybean88@gmail.com on Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

divinewarrior31@gmail.com

by divinewarrior31@gmail.com on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:27 pm

Meditation is the new now, most people are healing serious mental disorders only through meditation.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:21 am

Eating nutrient-dense foods, reading, dancing, listening to motivational speeches, meditating and following all good activities. I find that this is quite helpful. I always make an effort to think positively.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 pm

hundalmarck@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:21 am
Eating nutrient-dense foods, reading, dancing, listening to motivational speeches, meditating and following all good activities. I find that this is quite helpful. I always make an effort to think positively.
I do all this myself too: and it works.

Good mental health is important and keeping up positive activities will help maintain good mental health.

8 posts