Anxiety about leaving

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
FTMben

by FTMben on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 am

Anxiety about leaving

I get really panicked, shaky, uncontrolable crying, rocking backwards and forwards, feel as if I could throw up or for some reason will die everytime I even think about leaving the village I live in. It has gotten worse since I started taking Citalopram for depression but I need to leave the village so I can get a job and pay back my family for putting up with my useless self for almost 20 years.
Any advice on how to stop this from happening?

Emiee1995

by Emiee1995 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 am

Re: Anxiety about leaving

FTMben wrote:I get really panicked, shaky, uncontrolable crying, rocking backwards and forwards, feel as if I could throw up or for some reason will die everytime I even think about leaving the village I live in. It has gotten worse since I started taking Citalopram for depression but I need to leave the village so I can get a job and pay back my family for putting up with my useless self for almost 20 years.
Any advice on how to stop this from happening?
My mum is going through this as I am her carer (due to other illnesses) I have to accompany her to appointments and it was confirmed about 6 months ago that she had agoraphobia (fear of the outside or leaving) and it sounds like you have exactly that. The way I get her out to appointments is to tell her to breathe then step out then repeat until she has gotten out of the house.
I hope this helps.
emiee1995

Emiee1995

by Emiee1995 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:31 am

Re: Anxiety about leaving

HelenLouise wrote:Thank you for the advice Emiee,

I hope you and your mum are being supported with her agoraphobia, it sounds like you are doing a great job as her carer.

FTMBen- have you managed to find something that works for you to help with your symptoms?

Look forward to hearing from you both again
Helen

yes we are both being supported and FTMBen you are not alone don't you ever feel you are alone because you are not.

5 posts