Mental Health, Creativity and Campaigning

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
Able Scribe

by Able Scribe on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Mental Health, Creativity and Campaigning

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7037314.stm
Since what we say is wiped off here at a rate of knots I post again. Stuart here has the formula for combatting stigma and reaching T to C's goals and targets: Invest in us so we can overcome our squalor and Shine like Everest! In our hands the disparagement of Stigma would be displaced with a dazzling display of creative energy to transform our landscape into a brilliant display of achievement to bowl our critics over! Give More Opportunities to us with Lived Experience!

Able Scribe

by Able Scribe on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Mental Health, Creativity and Campaigning

My meaningful activity lightbulb
Anyone who has lived with symptoms of schizophrenia for a considerable length of time will recognize the perspectives given here: the diagnosable symptoms of sz may be incurably lodged within us and May be a part of our make up, but that does not in itself present a grim or hopeless predicament. This is because our disabilities are also our Attributes. Maybe unwittingly, the psychiatrist's diagnosis undermines these attributes and sets them in a grim light. But really it is a matter of impact, intensity and degree, whether we languish in despair or set about engaging the symptoms as evidence of rare qualities which mark us out as having gifts to be expressed and applied creatively.

What I am saying is: with the right help, a low maintenance dosage of appropriate medication to reduce the intensity of symptom's extremes -one which does not pile on a burden of disability which excessive medicating is apt to do- and some vocational and training guidance, we can be the creative artists that nature intended us to be, using our gifts to master the medium which is best suited to our attributes.

My 'pathway to progress' has been photography. I find that a modicum of seeing things which 'are not there' enables me to apply a creative imagination, to use my mind's eye to envisage the optimal conditions to develop an awareness of the imaging possibilities of any scene I encounter and with my best endeavour, maybe reproduce that on camera.

laura ladybird

by laura ladybird on Mon May 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks able scribe, I wish for a meaningful activity light bulb moment and so have started drawing as the drugs I take stop my brilliant singing, I still find not singing very hard but I believe in the artists way like a narrative especially for schizo me and my visual but not there spiders/ladybirds!

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:20 am

Investing in us is a good point, investing in yourself is really cure of any diseases

4 posts