Am I alone?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

10 posts
anonymousgirl

by anonymousgirl on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 pm

Am I alone?

I am a 15 year old female and I think that I may be suffering with depression. I have always felt through my teenage years as though I don't fit in with my friends or anyone around and sometimes even my family. I feel like I don't belong anywhere and that I was born in to the wrong family. I have also always felt very self concious in myself and it stops me a lot from doing things that I want to do. This past year has been hell for me, I have gotten to the point where I do not see the point in life anymore I am already failing exams at school and I will be going in to year 11 soon and then all of my exams will come at once and I have no hope of doing well, I am not clever and I just don't see me getting anywhere in the future just being stuck in the same small town that I live in with no money or job. I hate myself every single thing about me, the way I look, my personality, the way I treat other people, my voice just everything. I often go up to my room and cry until I have no tears left or sometimes I am too upset to even cry and just stare in to space wondering why I am still here. I also suffer with panic attacks, my mum and dad have recently split up and when I think of the night my dad left and how my mum is now it gets to much and I can't breath and my vision goes dizzy it feels as though someone is sitting on my chest and trapping me there. My friends often notice at school that something is not right with me because I will just stare in to space and try to stop myself from bursting in to tears. My family always say that I am lazy for never doing anything but I physically can't daily tasks such as getting dressed or eating breakfast just feel like a burden and my body just feels like a heavy weight when I try to move. No matter how much sleep I get it is never enough I always feel like a zombie, like I am not even alive and people just call me lazy but I am just so tired I am sick of it. I want to starve myself because I hate myself and how fat I feel but I just don't have the strength to, I feel so weak and worthless and alone. I feel like I am the only person in the whole world who feels like this and I am a fault. I just don't know what to do anymore everyday is the same, some days I think I am better for example if I see my friends but as soon as I am on my own it hits me like a brick and I get horrible feelings again. Can anyone help me? I don't want to be stuck like this forever:(

comfort talks

by comfort talks on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: Am I alone?

Hello hun,

I can see you posted this in July, how are things for you at the moment?
Katie
Comfort Talks

anonymousgirl

by anonymousgirl on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am

Thank you so much for replying. I am still feeling the same. I am really struggling at school because of how I am feeling I am under-achieving a lot because I can't concentrate in class and I can't make myself revise when I am feeling like this so I am really worrying about passing my GCSE's as I have big ambitions for the future. I don't know whether I am experiencing depression and feel too ashamed to tell a family member or see a GP because I don't know if I am just being stupid and I wouldn't want to waste their time. I was wondering whether you could help me with whether I need to seek help or not. I feel so empty I don't even know how I am feeling half the time I just know that whatever it is, is killing me and everyday I try to convince myself it will all get better but it hasn't. I am usually a positive person but I am finding it so difficult and feel like there is no way that anyone can help me. I just want to get back to how I used to be two years ago, a happy person with no care in the world but I feel like I will always be stuck feeling like this forever. Please give me some guidance on what to do because I am so lost and confused about all my feelings.

Denise08

by Denise08 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:49 am

Yes you are not alone. This forum is made for interacting with different people in all walks of life. It's good that you define your situation and you accept what you are undergoing now. Being 15 is a stage where you are in your identity crisis. You're in your hormonal changes from teenager to young adult.

elliwatson

by elliwatson on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:44 pm

anonymousgirl wrote:I am a 15 year old female and I think that I may be suffering with depression. I have always felt through my teenage years as though I don't fit in with my friends or anyone around and sometimes even my family. I feel like I don't belong anywhere and that I was born in to the wrong family. I have also always felt very self concious in myself and it stops me a lot from doing things that I want to do. This past year has been hell for me, I have gotten to the point where I do not see the point in life anymore I am already failing exams at school and I will be going in to year 11 soon and then all of my exams will come at once and I have no hope of doing well, I am not clever and I just don't see me getting anywhere in the future just being stuck in the same small town that I live in with no money or job. I hate myself every single thing about me, the way I look, my personality, the way I treat other people, my voice just everything. I often go up to my room and cry until I have no tears left or sometimes I am too upset to even cry and just stare in to space wondering why I am still here. I also suffer with panic attacks, my mum and dad have recently split up and when I think of the night my dad left and how my mum is now it gets to much and I can't breath and my vision goes dizzy it feels as though someone is sitting on my chest and trapping me there. My friends often notice at school that something is not right with me because I will just stare in to space and try to stop myself from bursting in to tears. My family always say that I am lazy for never doing anything but I physically can't daily tasks such as getting dressed or eating breakfast just feel like a burden and my body just feels like a heavy weight when I try to move. No matter how much sleep I get it is never enough I always feel like a zombie, like I am not even alive and people just call me lazy but I am just so tired I am sick of it. I want to starve myself because I hate myself and how fat I feel but I just don't have the strength to, I feel so weak and worthless and alone. I feel like I am the only person in the whole world who feels like this and I am a fault. I just don't know what to do anymore everyday is the same, some days I think I am better for example if I see my friends but as soon as I am on my own it hits me like a brick and I get horrible feelings again. Can anyone help me? I don't want to be stuck like this forever:(
Social anxiety is an feeling of fear, apprehension and worry regarding social situations.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

Uptown101

by Uptown101 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:53 am

anonymousgirl wrote:I am a 15 year old female and I think that I may be suffering with depression. I have always felt through my teenage years as though I don't fit in with my friends or anyone around and sometimes even my family. I feel like I don't belong anywhere and that I was born in to the wrong family. I have also always felt very self concious in myself and it stops me a lot from doing things that I want to do. This past year has been hell for me, I have gotten to the point where I do not see the point in life anymore I am already failing exams at school and I will be going in to year 11 soon and then all of my exams will come at once and I have no hope of doing well, I am not clever and I just don't see me getting anywhere in the future just being stuck in the same small town that I live in with no money or job. I hate myself every single thing about me, the way I look, my personality, the way I treat other people, my voice just everything. I often go up to my room and cry until I have no tears left or sometimes I am too upset to even cry and just stare in to space wondering why I am still here. I also suffer with panic attacks, my mum and dad have recently split up and when I think of the night my dad left and how my mum is now it gets to much and I can't breath and my vision goes dizzy it feels as though someone is sitting on my chest and trapping me there. My friends often notice at school that something is not right with me because I will just stare in to space and try to stop myself from bursting in to tears. My family always say that I am lazy for never doing anything but I physically can't daily tasks such as getting dressed or eating breakfast just feel like a burden and my body just feels like a heavy weight when I try to move. No matter how much sleep I get it is never enough I always feel like a zombie, like I am not even alive and people just call me lazy but I am just so tired I am sick of it. I want to starve myself because I hate myself and how fat I feel but I just don't have the strength to, I feel so weak and worthless and alone. I feel like I am the only person in the whole world who feels like this and I am a fault. I just don't know what to do anymore everyday is the same, some days I think I am better for example if I see my friends but as soon as I am on my own it hits me like a brick and I get horrible feelings again. Can anyone help me? I don't want to be stuck like this forever:(

How are you feeling now? Still feeling depress?

matthewtweedie

by matthewtweedie on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 am

do not feel alone your family and friends are always with you to support you. I think you are depressed because of your parents separation, go and meet your dad you will feel better. psychologist can better help you out from this state of affairs.
Adelaide Anxiety Clinic provides treatments of various mental health problems such as social anxiety, binge eating, IBS and PTSD. To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.adelaideanxietyclinic.com.au/

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:52 am

You are not alone, yes. This forum is designed to allow interaction between various persons.  You can get help.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:20 am

No one's alone: even if they feel they are. Everyone goes through hardship and mental health problems. It is all down to personal perspective. Still, if you're feeling alone - and you are surrounded by people - chances are you need therapy.

I can't fix anyone but I can say this: seeing life from a different point-of-view can work wonders.

10 posts