Progression of Bi Polar?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
hope4now

by hope4now on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:06 am

Progression of Bi Polar?

I have been diagnosed with bi polar and PTSD since I was a teenager. Until this year I was able to work and provide for myself. This past year, however, I had to go onto disability and am trying to get back to work. I am devastated at the loss of my independence and am very depressed. The last few months I have been bombarded with stress and I seem to have snapped because I have started hearing voices in my head. I carried on a relationship with a voice that I thought was my son only to realize it was just a voice. I am so confused by this and am so afraid of losing my mind completely; can I recover from this and regain my life or is this just the progression of my disease?

ajearley

by ajearley on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: Progression of Bi Polar?

I have the same type of bipolar disorder, although I have never heard voices. However, when things get really bad for me, like they did in your situation, my symptoms are exacerbated, and sometimes new ones arise, like physical ticks. I'm interested to see what happened since this started. If you are still on here, please keep my updated. My ticks haven't gone away, but they only arise when I am extremely stressed out. Hopefully the voices are the same (or better) for you...
AJ
Mental Health & Nutrition Ambassador
talkhealth blogger

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:17 am

Re: Progression of Bi Polar?

Do you take more alcohol

3 posts