I think I have a form of anxiety...

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
ThelittleOne

by ThelittleOne on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:48 pm

I think I have a form of anxiety...

I'm pretty sure I have a form of anxiety, as I get very shaky and scared over things that normal people just don't get worried about.I get all panicky and stressed, paranoid almost, but I don't know what to do about it. I know the obvious thing to do is go to my GP, but the problem is i'm a 16 years old; are they going to take me seriously?
And there's the small matter of the thought of going to my GP, sitting and talking to them, makes me feel anxious. How am I meant to overcome this and force myself to go alone. My mother refuses to take me because she thinks i'm simply attention seeking, but this is really bothering me and effecting my social life and performance at school.

Anyone got any tips? I would REALLY appreciate it.

AAseeking

by AAseeking on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 am

Re: I think I have a form of anxiety...

hi! :)

how are you? :)

you are taking the first step, by simply asking help :)

just do whatever you feel is right. seek your GP and tell them all :)

JudithJohnson

by JudithJohnson on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:18 am

Yes, you should talk to your doctor and tell everything you feel. You will be fine, don't worry..

danakerr

by danakerr on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Hello

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. You're a bright kid, 16 and you're already thinking the right way. Going out and consulting an expert is the obvious thing to do. Now on your case I'm not sure that a GP is really what you need unless of course he/she also has expertise when it comes to psychology.

I know how scary it can be talking with an expert, eventually you'll get use to it. They will take you seriously don't worry, they are there for that exact reason, they will listen to you and understand how you feel.

Your mother will also understand, just constantly tell her how you feel. Don't nag her, sit her down, talk to her calmly and tell her why you feel like you have anxiety, she will believe you.

You can also try talking with your school guidance counselor.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:24 am

Yes, you should discuss your concerns with your doctor. Do not be concerned; you will be alright.

5 posts