feet and heels

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
pauline2907

by pauline2907 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:16 pm

feet and heels

hi i suffer from pulima fiscitius . is also known as policemans heel so my podiatrist says it is really painful to walk on but worse at night when the pain is unbearable that even the duvet or a sheet touching me is agony. i bought these bootie like sheepskin things recommended for the condition to help stop this but they are not working. is there anything out there to help as i am desperate

Rod Grundy

by Rod Grundy on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:04 am

Re: feet and heels

Hi, pauline2907,

Thanks for your question.

I have not heard of 'pulima fiscitius' but I have heard of 'Policeman's heel' or 'Plantar Fasciitis" as it is otherwise known. May I ask have you had this condition diagnosed by a Doctor, Podiatrist or Physiotherapist? If not and you are suffering from any of the symptoms below please make an appointment to see your GP.

-Numbness or tingling in your feet/foot
-Your feet/foot feel(s) hot or you have a high temperature (38C or above)
-Your heel(s) are stiff and swollen

If you are not suffering from the above symptoms and/or you have had the condition diagnosed there are steps you can to take help reduce the pain in your heel.

-Apply an ice pack to the affected area (never apply ice directly to then skin).
-Take an Over The Counter anti-inflammatory medicine such as ibuprofen to help relieve the pain. Please read the information that is supplied with the medicine to ensure it is suitable for you and if in any doubt check with a Pharmacist
-Rest your heel whenever possible; avoid standing for long periods of time and avoid long walk.
-Stretch, this can be done by lifting your toes towards your shin; it is particularly beneficial to perform this stretch first thing in the morning.
-Wear well fitted, cushioned shoes; running shoes are ideal.
-Wear an orthotic device (support) in your shoe, your local Pharmacy will be able to recommend a suitable one.

Hope the above helps, if you require any further help or have any more questions please contact us.

Best wishes,

Rod.
Rod Grundy
Internet Pharmacy Manager, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... grundy.php

2 posts