Can anyone help?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Felicity Star

by Felicity Star on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Can anyone help?

I've suffered for years with a bad back, probably a combination of things - overweight, children, not sitting properly etc. etc. However you live with it and stop moaning. Until it totally goes you don't realise how much you need it!! This isn't a pleasant experience when you have a 6 and 3 year old. I woke the other day to not being able to get out of bed or even stand up. I have NEVER been in so much pain. I can't even start to describe it although I do know that it was worse than giving birth on just gas and air. It's now 2 weeks on and I have seen the doctor, been to the hospital, referred to the physio , been on the strongest painkillers and although vaguely mobile can't walk far, drive or sit down for any length of time. Sleep is near on impossible so irritability has also set in (my poor family). I've been told I've got a trapped femoral nerve. Is there anyone who has experienced this or can give me any ideas as to how to ease these things at all?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: Can anyone help?

Hello Felicity Star and welcome to our forums. I hope you can find others to share your experiences with and perhaps some ideas on other things you can do to alleviate the pain and discomfort you're feeling.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Felicity Star

by Felicity Star on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Can anyone help?

Hi

I just thought I'd give you a quick update. Still being in SO much pain I decided last week to pay and see a private physio. Wow, I can move without so much pain! In addition to doing some physio work with me she also is an acupuncturist and gave me some acupuncture. My Mum has always been a believer in acupuncture and I can truly say that if this is the end result that I'll be going back for more. I'll keep you posted...... :D

3 posts