Unbearable Knee Pain

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
tanveerbhutani10

by tanveerbhutani10 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:29 pm

Unbearable Knee Pain

Hello, I am new here and this is my first thread. Here is my story..I am a 58-year-old male and have horrible kneecap pain. Pain pills are not helping. I was in bed and having pain for 5 years. I just did not anticipate the pain. I can hardly get 3 to 4 hours to sleep at night. This pain is unbearable. Physical therapy is not helping and hurting. I am so tired. I am afraid to take the sleeping pill as balance is wonky.My family doctor suggests me for knee replacement surgery. But I am afraid of surgery. Is anyone here, who can provide me me full details about the surgical procedure, precautions etc.

drrajindersingh

by drrajindersingh on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: Unbearable Knee Pain

Total knee replacement can increase mobility and decrease pain in people who have an injured or arthritic knee joint. More than 90 percent of patients who have knee replacement surgery experience less pain and greater mobility in their knee after the procedure.

Risks associated with total knee replacement depend in part on the age and overall health of the patient. People with serious heart or lung problems usually are not good candidates for knee replacement surgery. Chronic health conditions (e.g., diabetes) can increase the risk for complications.

arvbuttar

by arvbuttar on Sun May 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi drrajindersingh.
Great information about knee replacement.Really very helpful for me.
Thanks.

Krishtina

by Krishtina on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:25 am

i think you should meet best expert of knee.otherwise you should take advice from those people who have same problem like you.

4 posts