Reoccurring rib pain

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Sarah12345

by Sarah12345 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Reoccurring rib pain

Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone could help.

During my 2nd pregnancy 6 years ago, my lower left ribs at the front were very tender to touch and were quite painful.

Iv noticed that when I get a cough I get severe pain in the same area in my ribs.

I saw a Dr around 2 years ago when I was in pain and he said it was sprained ribs. I have developed a cough again and this time I cant sit back or lie down without being in agony.
It feels a little different now though as it hurts with my pulse. I can feel it in my ribs and get instant pulsating pains in my ribs.

I can lean forward without pain but that's about it.
It hurts to turn, drive, stand up and walk.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what it could be?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone can advise me on anything I can do

Sarah

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:47 am

Re: Reoccurring rib pain

Hi Sarah12345

Thank you for your post. Hopefully some of our wonderful members will reply to you directly. However, in the meantime we would definitely recommend another visit to your doctor. It may be that they suggest taping your ribs or even an x-ray just to rule out anything else but if you are in that much pain it definitely warrants a further visit.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts