Studies Suggest Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Studies Suggest Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome

The Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation describes RLS as a disruptive neurological disorder that affects up to 10% of the U.S. population. It results in an irresistible urge to move the legs (and sometimes the arms), often accompanied by unusual or unpleasant sensations in the legs such as tugging or tingling. Because RLS most often occurs in the evening, it can severely disrupt sleep, contribute to insomnia, and reduce the quality of life. RLS tends to run in families. More and more natural remedies are being discovered that can be helpful for RLS.

Andrew Weil, M.D. says that using drugs for restless leg syndrome – many of which have serious side effects – should be employed only as a last resort. On his website he suggests RLS sufferers take a calcium/magnesium supplement at bedtime, do some form of daily exercise, stretch or massage their legs, take a hot bath to relax the legs, and stop smoking if they do so, as smoking may impair blood flow to the leg muscles. Since caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco can trigger symptoms, avoiding all three substances can bring relief.

Read more on this on our blog http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... -insomnia/
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

bodybyvi

by bodybyvi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:28 am

Re: Studies Suggest Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndro

Very important info.These links are really effective for me.

meerakannan

by meerakannan on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:49 am

. Stop smoking, caffeine and alcohol
. Exercise every day
. Drink lot of water throughout the day and evening

David147

by David147 on Sat May 02, 2015 6:32 am

Restless legs is a condition invented by the drug company's to have one more thing to sell pills for. It didn't exist just 4 years ago.
What you have I think is poor circulation to the legs which can be cause by low blood pressure due to a energy starved heart. or maybe even Diabetic Pneuropthy. Or any of a number of things.
If I knew your age and the symptoms the better I could no what to help you with.
In general I recommend a good fish oil, about 4-6 grms. a day.
Exercise and D-Ribose and L-Carnatine will give energy to the heart. Drink lots of good processed water and go for walks as much as you can. Good Luck

5 posts