Mother's Pain - An Ichthyosis Vulgaris Experience

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
brilliantcascade

by brilliantcascade on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:18 am

Mother's Pain - An Ichthyosis Vulgaris Experience

I have Ichtyosis vulgaris and the pain of having it since childhood is less painful when history tries to repeat itself with my son having it since 5. I have accepted the fact that it will recur in me in old age perhaps; but thought of having an abnormal appearance that has plagued me almost all of my life is evident in my son's eye. He will turn a teener soon and I can't deal with the pain of social trauma because of the same skin condition I had passed on to him. I felt less a mother by not doing something other than what I was doing in my case. I have tried creams and almost everything that people asked me to try. I had passed the information to him reluctant because I hardly gotten well with all those.

I should say, I had been on a long journey searching for cure. I have tried almost everything. Well, just the other day, a neighbor came to me with a new product his sister in law had tried. SR Lotion. I have no idea if it had existed during my time, but it is now and I have tried it on my son. It works great. I have tried looking at it in the Internet and saw the site srlotion.com. It says the new skin treatment everyone is talking about. SR Lotion anyone? I hope some of you have tried it to confirm my gut-feel that this is it. The long awaited solution to our problem.

As of this time, everything great with it. I am planning to try and so with everything that comes my way as the emotional pain in my son's eye becomes totally unbearable for a mother like me.

Girldmator

by Girldmator on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Mother's Pain - An Ichthyosis Vulgaris Experience

I am glad that you found a solution for your son. I Hope both of you are all right now. Don't mind what other people say.

2 posts