Persistent headache

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

12 posts
Sarah Buchan

by Sarah Buchan on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Re: Persistent headache

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I hope my advice will be helpful to you.

Most headaches are not serious and can be successfully treated using pharmacy ailments such as paracetamol, codeine or ibuprofen based products. Lifestyle changes including getting enough rest and keeping hydrated are also helpful in managing symptoms.

Causes of primary headaches (not due to an underlying health problem) include stress, too much alcohol, lack of sleep, depression, skipping meals and becoming hydrated.
Secondary headaches can occur from separate causes such as having a cold or flu, an allergic reaction or sinusitis.

NHS Choices advise that patients experiencing headaches should visit their GP if any of the following situations applies to them;
- feeling unwell between headaches
- headaches are not relieved by pharmacy treatment
- headaches are limiting ability to get on with life or miss work.

Based on this criteria, I would recommend that you register with a GP as soon as possible and make an appointment to have your symptoms medically assessed. This will allow an exploration of the pattern of headache and any accompanying symptoms, such as sickness, you may be experiencing.

I hope your symptoms are alleviated soon.

Take Care,

Sarah
Sarah Buchan
Clinical Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... buchan.php

GoucherJ

by GoucherJ on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi,
. I'm 17 and I've been having sharp pains in the back of my head when I move it to the left or right. Everytime this happens I ho dizzy or i just see black for a few seconds. I'm panicking because I don't want this to be serious.

Thanks

Josh

hightree

by hightree on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Pain on the back of the head can be from tense neck muscles, herniated disc or arthritis in the neck spine, brain tumor...so if your intuition tells you it's not just a tension headache (which more commonly appears in the front of the head), visit a doctor.

RuthHudson

by RuthHudson on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:14 am

Hi,
I agree with you Sarah. Reasons for regular headache can be many, but today people, mostly experience headache due depression and lack of sleep. Few days back, I was also going though severe headache and was unable to find a treatment for the relief of pain. Later, my mother told me about the walk in tubs that provide hydrotherapy feature which is inbuilt in it helps a lot in reducing stress and body pain through water massage. She informed me about the Walk in tub Tucson professionals who provides these bathtubs as well as helps in the installation and maintenance of the tub. I really found a pain relief result after using hydrotherapy feature in the bathtub. You can also get the tub for your persistent headache.
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed as forum rules do not allow posting of commercial links.

RumiChandal

by RumiChandal on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:46 pm

This type of persistent headache be due to continuous screen viewing or continuous headset listening too.

arvbuttar

by arvbuttar on Sun May 26, 2019 3:25 am

Hi,
Great and well-written post about headaches.
Thanks.

kkristy48

by kkristy48 on Fri May 31, 2019 6:42 am

Hey,
Daily persistent headache is a primary headache syndrome which can mimic chronic migraine and chronic tension-type headache. The are some symptoms The headaches can vary greatly in their clinical presentation and duration.Co-morbidity with mood disorders has been reported in a subset of patients.so consult the doctor near you.

davidggambler

by davidggambler on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:36 pm

GoucherJ wrote:Hi,
. I'm 17 and I've been having sharp pains in the back of my head when I move it to the left or right. Everytime this happens I ho dizzy or i just see black for a few seconds. I'm panicking because I don't want this to be serious.

Thanks

Josh
Hi,
This sharp pain indicates the possibility of migraine, I guess you have had a head injury at the backside of the head. I am not a medical professional but I had been experienced in childhood.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 am

Hi,

We also have a useful article on the men's health pages that discusses headaches, take a look here; http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/ta ... daches.php
Hope this helps.

Regards

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

12 posts