Headaches & Fatigue

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
Smudge45

by Smudge45 on Mon May 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Headaches & Fatigue

Hello, I don't know if you can help me but I moved into my new house 2 weeks ago. I have been having headaches on and off since and been extremely tired. The headaches have ranged from not that bad to the point where I can't stand without being in a lot of pain.

I have had Hydrocephalus since birth and have a VP shunt fitted, although I have never had to have my shunt replaced or fixed.

What do you think this could be?

I drink plenty of fluids and eat regularly

Sarah Buchan

by Sarah Buchan on Tue May 12, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Headaches & Fatigue

Dear Smudge45,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing such symptoms during the exciting time of moving house.

Aside from the risk of headaches due to paint fumes from decorating and general tiredness from moving house, I am concerned that your symptoms may be relating back to a complication with your shunt and hydrocephalus.

I would advise seeing your GP promptly to review your condition and rule out any possible movement or infection of the shunt.

I hope that your symptoms are quickly resolved once you see your GP.

Take care,

Sarah
Sarah Buchan
Clinical Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... buchan.php

jennyjoshua25

by jennyjoshua25 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:24 am

Migraine can vary from person to person, but a migraine can be triggered by a number of different factors such as: allergies, certain foods, a sinus infection or Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, (TMJ). TMJ is a condition which can be caused by teeth grinding or teeth clenching during sleep. Read more about health related problems which can lead to dental problems.

ashleyjackson

by ashleyjackson on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:06 am

Hi smudge45,
I read your post and sorry to hear from you. Maybe your headache pain due to tiredness.
Take rests and eat a proper diet. If you still have pain, then visit the doctor.
Thanks!!

4 posts