left temple headaches

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
gemmad01

by gemmad01 on Sat May 30, 2015 5:48 pm

left temple headaches

For the past few years I've had a "lump" which sticks out of my left temple. I think it's probably a vein? At first it would only stick out when I bent over or woke up on my left side. I press on it and it 'goes back in'. Recently it has been popping out randomly, not just when pressure is applied to head. I still press on it to make it go away as the pressure is very intense when its sticking out, however the left side of my face has been starting to go numb/tingle when I do it. I have suffered from headaches and occasional migraines from a young age but now seem to have a daily pressure headache that doesn't seem to go away. Each morning I wake with a headache and nausea. Its almost always on my left side. My migraines have become more frequent, I now get one at least once a fortnight. When I have a migraine I can hardly move from the pain behind my left eye and temple. My scalp is tender at the left side and my neck feels stiff and this doesn't really go away. I am also experiencing occasional ringing in my left ear along with occasional ear and jaw ache, also on the left side. My co-workers have commented on my speech as I tend to mumble. I am becoming forgetful and feel as if I am loosing my words (if that makes sense). I haven't been to the doctor in years as I feel that I don't want to waste their time as the headaches are not severe enough to stop me from working or taking care of the kids (it's only the migraines that stop me on my tracks). I have been using paracetamol and ibuprofen as pain relief, although only take any when it becomes really bad. Is there anything I can do or take to stop the pressure?

Sarah Buchan

by Sarah Buchan on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Re: left temple headaches

Dear Gemmad01,

Thank you for posting your question and I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering from such uncomfortable symptoms.

In this instance I believe the best advice I can provide is to see your GP as soon as possible. I am concerned about the changing pattern of your migraine and the facial numbness and speech impediments which are now occuring.

This appointment is by no means a waste of your GP's time so please do make an appointment at your earliest convenience.

Take care,

Sarah
Sarah Buchan
Clinical Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... buchan.php

jacklinjot

by jacklinjot on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:56 am

Migraine is one of the most common problem in young as well as aged people.

Lizelanda

by Lizelanda on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:17 pm

You should consult with your doctor

katebrownell

by katebrownell on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:16 pm

I am also suffering from migraine. Can't go out in sunlight.

5 posts