sore feet

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
sheepiesue

by sheepiesue on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:47 am

sore feet

hi i have sore feet even when i dont wear shoes .i think i have plantar in one foot however both my feet hurt so much

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 am

Re: sore feet

Dear sheepiesue,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry your feet are hurting so much.

In order for me to help you best, could you offer me some more information please? Tell me more about the pain? Is it all day and night? Can you describe the pain to me? On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst pain you have ever felt), how would you grade your pain?

There are many causes of foot pain, one being plantar fasciitis as you have mentioned. It usually causes pain in the heel of the foot. Are your feet sore all over or just the heel, just the toes etc?

The long term treatment really does depend on the condition so I am hesitant to recommend anything until you can offer me further detail. In the short term, clinical guidance recommends you to try to:

◦Rest the foot (by avoiding standing or walking for long periods) where possible.
◦Wear shoes with good arch support and cushioned heels (such as laced sports shoes) and avoid walking barefoot.
◦Take pain killers if appropriate on an 'as required' basis to relieve pain. Good options are paracetamol alone, or with an anti-inflammatory, such as ibuprofen.
◦Lose weight if overweight to prevent future episodes.
◦Apply an icepack (covered with a towel) to the foot for 15–20 minutes for symptomatic relief.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts