Sports medicine doctor or a chiropractor???

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Kazyrein

by Kazyrein on Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:29 am

Sports medicine doctor or a chiropractor???

Hey Guys,
I am looking for some tips, please help me out here. I am an energetic golf player. I play a wide range of tournaments, if not the international ones! Be that as it may, recently, I have been having some shoulder torment. It is influencing my service! My mentor and double's partner are stressed over that. My doubles partner continue telling me to visit a chiropractor since that is the thing that restored his sports-related injuries or ailments. Be that as it may, my uncle, who is a medical caregiver, says chiropractors are charlatans. I realize it is unreasonable, however, I have likewise heard it from a couple of others. Anyway, I ruled against it and had my first meeting with a chiropractor in New York this morning. He asked to take X-rays, and I will be soon returning for a prognosis on any treatment needs I have. What's more, best of all, this lone cost me a couple of dollars. So I simply figured, on the off chance that I could get an underlying treatment and recommendation in regards to what future treatment is required, for a couple of dollars, at that point it is economical. Like, if I utilize my insurance to see an ordinary or sports medicine professional for my shoulder, I'll need to pay a higher sum for x-rays and arrangements. So I have chosen to try chiropractic out!
What do you folks think? What experiences have you had with a chiropractor? I am wanting to get advice from you folks who have had genuine encounters( good or bad)! Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: Sports medicine doctor or a chiropractor???

Hi Kazyrein

We recently ran a pain management online clinic and one question (although it related to arthritis) asked was in relation to exercise and you may find the answer provided by the expert helpful. You can see the question and answer here, https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... 24&t=29301.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Carrie Wltz

by Carrie Wltz on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:44 am

Re: Sports medicine doctor or a chiropractor???

Chiropractor should be choosed carefully! If anything goes wrong, it can lead to real health problems.
I had positive experience, although I must admit it helps only temporary, I visit him 1 a year because the pain comes back in about 10-12 months and I don't like it, I just can't find another way out

3 posts