Chiropractor

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

6 posts
painintheneck

by painintheneck on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Chiropractor

Hi - we're off for treatment to a chiropractor tomorrow for my daughter. She's had pain in her neck, shoulders and upper back for about 2 months. We've tried home massage, professional massage, relaxation techniques and nothing's really helped for more than a few days. She's only 15 and I had hoped the pain would go away.

However, after constant pain and clicking of her neck we went for a consultation last week at a local chiropractor. After assessing her we were told that as she's young she should only need one or perhaps two treatements - then she will have certain exercises she'll have to do daily. And she must address her bad posture. My daughter complains of pain whilst doing her homework - but often I go into her room and despite having a desk and swivel chair she's on the floor! The Chirpractor has said she must sit at a desk properly - my daughter says her desk is too small when in fact it's appears small as it's crammed full of stuff. We are going to get anther smaller desk to go along side her main desk to try to give her more space so she sits at the desk properly.

I'll let you know how we get on at the chiropractor - anyone else had success with this sort of treatment?

Dianewest

by Dianewest on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: Chiropractor

Dear painintheneck

Any news on how your daughter's session with the chiropractor went? I'm still considering taking my daughter but since it's expensive I'd be interested to know what her experience has been like and whether it's been worth it.

painintheneck

by painintheneck on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Hello Diane

The chiropractor visit went really well. We went twice and the improvement is significant. The first session was to deal with the bones and the second was dealing with the muscles. She feels loads better and now doesn't have the urge to crack her neck. The chiropractor has now given her some exercises she must do each day as most of her problems were connected with posture!

I would thoroughly recommend this type of treatment. As my daughter is under 16, each session was slightly cheaper than an adult session, so £50 in total which I think is great value.

Hope this helps.

painintheneck

by painintheneck on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Chiropractor - update

Just thought I'd update you - so far so good - daughter is doing exercises given by the chiropractor and the pain has almost gone. She's sleeping much better and hasn't mentioned her neck pain once! When I mention it then she remembers she had a problem so all's well and good really.

troyneils865

by troyneils865 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:17 am

Finding the right Lowry chiropractor is a good health management approach to make sure you are healthy and fit and it is good in managing pains.
We provide the best Chiropractor Services for your needs. Visit our Homepage/Website for more information.

URL: [url=https://www.balancewellspace.com/services/regenerative-medicine]Lowry chiropractor[/url]

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed May 31, 2023 4:38 pm

These spinal changes will increment blood stream and nerve conductivity to the joints and muscles that are encountering torment.

6 posts