Graves.subtotal thyroidectomy

Please post your questions about thyroid eye disease here for our experts to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
laladrew

by laladrew on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:19 am

Graves.subtotal thyroidectomy

I had the above op five years ago and am underactive. I am 44. I feel very unwell and my bloods are at the bottom of the ranges, with T3 under the range. I have no serious bulging, one eye is slighty wider than the other but has not worsened in five years.

What does worry me greatly is seeing 'shadows' moving out of the corner of my eye, and spider like shapes scurry across the floor. I also see faces out of the blue, even whilst reading the newspaper or bathing. This concerns me. Is this is vision problem or a mental deterioration?

Nothing would surprise me anymore so please don't hold back, I can take it.

Professor Colin Dayan

by Professor Colin Dayan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Graves.subtotal thyroidectomy

These don't really sound like symptoms of thyroid eye disease. I would suggest discussing these symptoms with your GP or optician, and make sure there is no other problem with your eyes.
Professor Colin Dayan

laladrew

by laladrew on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: Graves.subtotal thyroidectomy

Thankyou for your reply professor.

I have had my eyes checked by opthalmist who can see nothing wrong and the GP has no clue. The endocrinologist also is no help but that doesn't surprise me greatly as he has no advice for my tachycardia, chest pain, breathlessness, vertigo, fatigue etc other than to up my beta blockers. I am at a loss. My bloods are not great, T3 is below range, do you think this could have anything to do with it?

3 posts