Scalp Psoriasis, flakes everywhere

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
Gmister

by Gmister on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 am

I need help getting rid of my scalp psoriasis and all the flakes. The over the counter shampoos only seem to get rid of the flakes for like 30 mins. I dont have insurance or the money to go see a doctor. What can I do to help my poor scalp?

longterm_sufferer

by longterm_sufferer on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Scalp Psoriasis, flakes everywhere

Have you tried Exorex? I've read about it via a link on this site and was wondering if anyone had used it from a cream viewpoint .... but have a vague feeling they do a shampoo? Might be worth checking it out.

rachel_razzlemom

by rachel_razzlemom on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Gmister wrote:I need help getting rid of my scalp psoriasis and all the flakes. The over the counter shampoos only seem to get rid of the flakes for like 30 mins. I dont have insurance or the money to go see a doctor. What can I do to help my poor scalp?
Hey Gmister. Try washing your hair and scalp with apple cider vinegar. Because it's too strong, I dilute it in equal parts of water and use the solution to rinse my hair and scalp. After rinsing, I wait for a few minutes or so before washing with cold water. It gets rid of my scalp psoriasis almost instantly. You should give it a try maybe it will work for you :)

pags

by pags on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Have you tried Head and shoulders menthol? it helped me for a while?
also, coconut oil applied to scalp and leave for as long as possible then you can comb out the loose flakes (you will also pull some hair out) then wash, you may have a powerdy type flake for a while but better than big chunks and usually calms down following day

x

ariannahuffington

by ariannahuffington on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:11 pm

I am 59 and have experienced the pain and discomfort of psoriasis for several years. Foderma serum is truly amazing. I have been using it now for a few weeks when I have a flair up. It completely heals my scalp overnight. I highly recommend foderma!

Snickers

by Snickers on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 pm

I had a terrible scalp psoriasis and shortly after I tried psoeasy shampoo it was greatly alleviated!!!! I'm so glad I want to share it with everyone going through the same I used to.

amariflynn

by amariflynn on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:40 am

I only have a small patch of psoriasis on my scalp and anxious to keep it that way and improve it. This seems like dermalmd treatment product will do that quickly.

7 posts