Pustular Psoriasis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
hamyam

by hamyam on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Pustular Psoriasis

Hi can anyone tell me if they have found anything out there that helps or cures pustular psoriasis ( type of psoriasis only comon to hands and feet) i have suffered for 3 years and the hospitals are hopeless. i have tried various steroid creams which are useless so i spend most of the time using dressings on my hands and feet as they crack and are unbearable.

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Re: pustular psoriasis

Hi - what creams have you used so far? We might be able to suggest one that you haven't yet used? Let us know and we'll see if we can come up with anything you could try.
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

hamyam

by hamyam on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi, I have been perscribed, dermovate, haelan tape + ointment, diprosalic, coltar mixed with betnovate ointment. Thanks, Hope you can help.

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:59 pm

How are you getting on with your creams?
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

hamyam

by hamyam on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:40 pm

You asked me tell you what creams i use. I listed them in my previous post.
You posted - how are you getting on with your creams.
You have not told me to try any yet??

photogra4

by photogra4 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 am

If you want to try something very inexpensive, try soaking your feet in warm water in which you have added about a half cup of cider vinegar. After about fifteen minutes to half an hour rub vigorously with a terrycloth washcloth to remove as much plaque as you can. Pat dry and rub your feet with a good oil. If nothing else try olive oil . Be sure to wear socks so you don't slip and fall. Hope it helps! My psoriasis itches really bad and this is the only thing I've ever found that helps.

Demeter

by Demeter on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, I was disgnosed in 2008 with pustular psoriasis...but have had it for more than 20 years. Mainly on my hands and fingers and very mild. I was told for years it was either eczema or just dry skin. About three years ago I had a hysterectomy and all of a sudden my pp went crazy, covering my hands, fingers, nails on toes and fingers and then last year ir came out on my feet. It now covers the bottoms of my feet and all of my toes, and moved up my legsand covers about 40% of my shins, and my palms are covered as well as the tips of every finger. Recently it had gotten so bad on my feet that I was unable to walk because of the pain. I am now in a wheelchair temporarily and walk short distances with a cane. I am 37 years old and this has gradually wearing me down. I came here for support, people who are familar with what I am going through.

7 posts