new psoriasis covering most of my lower leg

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
thechef67

by thechef67 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:37 pm

new psoriasis covering most of my lower leg

Hi there. iIam a 44 year old male who has suffered from mild psoriasis since 1983, with patches covering only my knees and elbows.
4 weeks ago, I started to experience discomfort and itching all down my right lower leg. This gradually got worse and worse and I am now losing a lot of skin daily.
I have been to my GP and have been told that it is psoriasis and is also ulcerated and infected with Staph Aureus.
I am currently awaiting a visit to tissue viability but, alas, I am also allergic to penicillin and am also a lifelong warfarin user.
I have difficulty walking now but have to work as I am unable to take time off at the moment.
I am extremely worried about this as it has worsened very very quickly and I'm not sure as to why and the long term.
Can anyone offer any advice please?
Many thanks!

pags

by pags on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Re: new psoriasis covering most of my lower leg

my Dad recently got that nasty staph auro stuff......really feel for you.
I did some research and have seen that esstinal oils sush as lavander and tea tree can halp fight it off due to anti bacterial properties....I would put a few drops in a spray bottle with water and spritz on........but I have not done this myself nor seen any affects!!

the other idea I had for my dad was to take salt baths (if u uk holland and barrett sell tidmans soothing sea salt for £3 i use quarter box a time lovely for skin)

my dad had his treated by a nurse using iodine and dressings and antibiotics, it went he statered his PA injections again and it came back!!

good luck

x

scarz

by scarz on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:48 am

I suffered with psoriasis for over 12 years. I tried all the medicines, creams etc. then 4 months ago I started using these products: Orlden scalp oil and herbal moisturiser. It has changed my life. It is the only thing that has ever worked. It has literally cured me. Everyone with this disease should know about this product. The company is new but its founder has been researching the ingredients for years and has discovered a combination of ingredients that can treat psoriasis and other skin conditions.

Good luck everyone.

icecream21

by icecream21 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Hey Everybody!

Personally I don't have psoriasis but my Dad has on his knee and his lower leg. We also tried quite a lot of things. Well someone mentioned the salt. This is what really worked for him! We visited the Salt Cave and had a first free session. Then my Dad had like 12 sessions and his leg is better than it was ever! It really worth a go!
Good Luck Everyone.

Skin Deep Behind the Mask

by Skin Deep Behind the Mask on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:39 pm

I am writing to ask if you will help us spread our video. SKIN DEEP Behind the Mask is a UK charity [RCN: 1153203] that helps skin disease patients and their carers. We provide practical help to patients no matter what skin disease they have.

We have produced a video to solicit donations. I would greatly appreciate your help. Below is the tweet I would be grateful for you to send.

Watch. Share. Donate https://youtu.be/wNyAK3zkZ54 Support skin disease sufferers #SkinAwareness #ThankYou

Thank you!
Skin Deep Behind the Mask

7 posts