Treating the wrong disease for six years?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Ahkward111

by Ahkward111 on Wed May 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Treating the wrong disease for six years?

When I was 9, I was diagnosed with Psoriasis. I'm 15 now, and the condition had spread from my elbows to my hands, knees and feet. The spots cover large fractions of my skin and it's destroying my self esteem and youth. My hands are so ugly that I constantly have to wear long sleeved sweaters to cover them up, because I get embarrassed when I notice people look at them and ask if it's contagious. I have been treating "Psoriasis" with a wide variety of creams, I've been to four different doctors (even outside the country) and had countless sessions of light therapy. Nothing seems to be working and my disease is only getting worse and spreading to what remains of my clear skin.
It wasn't until my recent visit to yet another drm. doctor that my disease was examined very closely. She said it looked really odd and uncommon in my case, and took a sample from my hand to send for a new diagnosis. I got the new diagnosis last week, that they couldn't find any Psoriasis. It was a big hit for me when I sat and had her list me several other probable diseases. She told me whichever the disease it is, my case of it is strange because I'm missing major symptoms. I have been warned that I might be suffering from two different skin conditions involving red rashes, and the thought of it scares me. She couldn't say for certain, but the spots on my feet and knees might still be psoriasis, but my hands and elbows are another case.. I'm confused, I don't know what's going on and I don't know what to do anymore.
The spots vary from rosy to barely visible/fairly red. They're sometimes moist and thin, and other times are extremely dry and flaky and bumpy. Sometimes they're red all over, other times it's just around the corners. Any advice, anyone dealing with a similar situation?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon May 09, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: Treating the wrong disease for six years?

Hi, welcome to talkpsoriasis,

Thank you for posting in our forum. Hopefully other members may be able to share advice if they have shared similar symptoms.

Please keep us updated with your results.

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts