Red mark on penis whenever I am dehydrated

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
ereiamjh

by ereiamjh on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:47 am

Red mark on penis whenever I am dehydrated

For the last 3 years (since I contracted genital herpes) I have a red mark on my penis that appears whenever I am dehydrated. It is on the glans, and spreads just below the glans. Incidentally, it is in the approximate location of where the biggest canker was during my initial herpes outbreak.

I have recently come to realise that it only appears when I am dehydrated. So it'll either appear when I have drank a lot of alcohol and not enough water, or - more often - it'll appear when I am away from home and sleeping in rooms where I am unable to control the heating. Since my job requires me to travel a lot, the latter occurs more frequently than I'd like.

Is there anything I can do? I have had dodgy skin all of my life and frequently have bouts of dry skin around my eyes and at the back of my knees. These are issues that I have learnt to deal/live with - but the issue with my penis is fairly recent and I'm not sure what to do. It looks really horrible when it's at its worst.

It's difficult to visit my GP with the issue because it rarely presents itself when I'm at home - and so I'd have nothing to show him.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 am

Re: Red mark on penis whenever I am dehydrated

Hi ereiamjh,

Thank you for posting on the forum. We hope that you will receive some replies soon to your question from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you.

As the red mark appears mainly when you are away from home, perhaps you could take a picture of it when it does appear and show your GP or visit your nearest sexual health clinic. They can then hopefully identify if this is herpes related or perhaps eczema related.

Here is a link to the NHS website for more information on Herpes and where to find your nearest sexual health clinic.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/genital-herpes/

We hope you are able to find out what is causing the mark soon.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts