Losing Hair

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
heidehsmiles

by heidehsmiles on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 am

Losing Hair

I have psoriasis on my scalp (in my ears too) and I noticed in the past month it has gotten very itchy and I want to take my comb and scratch the hell out of it and dig and push it into my scalp to stop it from being itchy. Now it hurts and is sore all the time and I noticed that my hair was suddenly all over the bathroom counters and floor.

The thing that has helped to avoid scratching so much is buying the right kind of brush and avoiding my comb. I found that this Ouchless brush made by Goody really helps. It is different from regular brushes because the things I guess they are like bristles or whatever are coming out of bigger holes so they won't snag pieces of hair and tear them out, also it is harder to make the brush dig in for scratching purposes because of the way the inner piece is. You would have to look at one I guess to see what I mean, but I have been pulling or scratching out less hair.

I also keep my hair loosely in a hair tie to keep from scratching mindlessly because I can feel it all around my head and it reminds me of what I'm doing. Cutting fingernails help and painting them (I know it sounds silly, but they are thicker then and more dull so it's harder to be satisfied by scratching).

Last note, I just started using Aveeno conditioner and it seems to help with any tangling quite a bit and makes my hair soft (which makes me feel better because I feel like I'm gonna go bald on half of my head). I like Aveeno lotion too, I think they try to use more "natural" ingredients and they just seem to be more mild in general.

I hope this helps anyone, I'm super serious about the brush though, it costs like five bucks at any store and it forces you to be more gentle on your scalp, although I know the itching can be intense and I want to pick up my comb and itch the hell out of it, but I know I should throw it away.

Spirulina

by Spirulina on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Losing Hair

Thank you for your helpful tips. I have been looking for a brush for a while now. I have been using Salcura shampoo and conditioner which has really made a difference to my scalp psoriasis. Where did you get the Aveeno from?

maplelea

by maplelea on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks for the tip about the brush, will have to give this a go. I try to find shampoos that are totally natural so that they don't aggrevate my scalp at all.

bighaich47

by bighaich47 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 am

My daughter has that problem of hair really bad and the one thing that worked was Polytar shampoo.Now the Pharmacy has told us it is temporalilly discountinued. Have been in touch with Stiefill Laboratories in England the makers of it,and they can't give a deffinate date when it will be available again.Have heard that the asian & far east markets have preference now. MMMM one wonders, has anyone other ideas.

Harry.

rashpalkaur

by rashpalkaur on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Hey contact me I may have a solution for you

07929249630- rashpal

rashpalkaur

by rashpalkaur on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Hey contact me I may have a solution for you

07929249630- rashpal

7 posts