Scalp Psoriasis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
heidehsmiles

by heidehsmiles on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 am

Scalp Psoriasis

I just made a post on scalp psoriasis, but more people on here seem to have it on their body. I guess I'm kinda new at researching and such because it has now gotten to such a degree I can't really ignore it anymore and I hate it. It's nasty and painful and in such a funky place it's hard to get the "lotion" crapola actually on my scalp and even then it kinda burns and itches and I haven't seen it really clear up. It's hard to be consistent because it's so icky it's hard to get motivated to put it in there. Now it's getting embarrassing and my hair is falling out in masses and I can't find a dermatologist that takes my insurance.

If anyone has ANY advice for scalp treatment I would gladly hear it. I have also been using this dermarest brand shampoo every few days and it is specifically for scalp psoriasis, but I'm not sure if it's helping or just making it more itchy. I would like someone to talk to me before I go bald. Please.

Thanks.

Spirulina

by Spirulina on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Scalp Psoriasis

Hi, I know it is a long since you put your post up. Have you tried Reviva?

jackgoldberg

by jackgoldberg on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 am

Hey dear,

You can use Ionil T Shampoo (Coal Tar) for scalp psoriasis. You can buy it online and it's pretty cheap. Also you can ask people affected with scalp psoriasis on psoriasissocial.org.

God Bless!!!

BlackJuju

by BlackJuju on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:56 am

Hi,

I actually found a great treatment for my scalp by accident. Buy one of those peroxide-based hair dyes, the ones you only leave in for half an hour. Apply, but make sure you really get it into your scalp. Leave it on for 7-10 minutes or half whatever time the box gives you (unless you want to lighten your hair ;) ) and wash it off. Seriously, I tried this to my hair once and it cleared my scalp up for months. It is great! It will take awhile for the skin to fall off but the redness and itching should leave in a couple of days. I hope it works for you too!

Gmister

by Gmister on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:32 am

Hey i need help!!!! My scalp psoriasis is out of control. It covers almost all of my scalp. I have no insurance and cant afford to go see the doctor right now. My over the counter psoriasis shampoo gets rid of the flakes for only a short time, like 30 mins. I need any advice from anyone. Anything I can buy over the counter that will help?

Warbie

by Warbie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Right. Try this if you can. Hopefully a GP may listen to you.....

My daughter has the most chronic scalp psoriasis. No shampoo would touch it. Even topical steriods could not get through. The Dermatologist said that in order to treat the scalp you first have to lift the scales and then treat the skin left underneath. My daughter was recommended SEBCO cream ( a coconut compound cream). I rubbed this into her scalp over two nights (it does make hair greasy but school let her wear a hat). After a few days the scales began to lift. With a nit comb I gently lifted all the scales. It took hours. Then the Dermatologist had perscribed us to use BETAMETHASONE lotion rubbed into the scalp and left on over night. When hair needed washing we were recommended to use just a cream lotion wash and tiny bit of baby shampoo to rinse out - as baby shampoo is so gentle.

After a few weeks of doing this her scalp has improved a lot. When it begins to creep back we repeat the process. Don't get me wrong, it's very labour instensive, and messy and we need to keep doing it but it seems to offer some relief.

Hope you find something that helps.

SaritaBasnet

by SaritaBasnet on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:16 pm

I have scalp psoriasis and it painful and embarrassing. I have tried prescription and non-prescription products without results. I tried foderma serum and within 2 days the results were amazing.

7 posts