Betesil

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
KarenJones

by KarenJones on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 am

Betesil

Has anyone tried Betesil? It's a new treatment for mild to moderate psoriasis - treatment is delivered via a medicated plaster - have a look at www.betesil.co.uk and a video explaining all about it - http://www.talkpsoriasis.com/webdocs/ps ... s_film.php. Really keen to find out what people think - all comments welcome.
Karen Jones
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

nataliehatesP

by nataliehatesP on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Betesil

I personally don't think this would work for my P because mine is guttate. There is no way I could avoid getting the plaster on healthy skin. :( I hope it works for those that can.

longterm_sufferer

by longterm_sufferer on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:23 pm

I've never heard of this? Has anyone on this forum used it? I'd love to know if it would work for me?

jackgoldberg

by jackgoldberg on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:02 am

Well, never heard about it, however you can get idea from other people dealing with psoriasis on psoriasissocial.org!

Thanks

PsoriasisAdvice

by PsoriasisAdvice on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 pm

It looks like a great alternative of treatment!
I also want to know more about Betesil and people using it. Anyone?

I also think we can research more about its side effects, because this products uses a corticosteroid and, as most of you may know, this kind of treatment has a lot of effects, specially skin thinning and muscle weakness. And, as this product is a plaster, the skin keeps contact with the corticosteroid for long periods. :!:
Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL's directing members to another member's own site with the enticement to purchase products is not permitted - see forum rules.

helen11

by helen11 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:03 pm

The use of Betesil for psoriasis treatment is still on the stage of study and experimentation. Its positive as well as possible negative effects are still being observed. In short, this treatment is not advisable.

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:46 am

There is some general information on our site about steroid based treatments and Betesil - take a look here - http://www.talkpsoriasis.com/webdocs/ps ... atment.php
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

7 posts