Psoriasis & Stress Study

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
vearunda

by vearunda on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Psoriasis & Stress Study

Hi All

I am student at Stockport College, studying Access to Healthcare Professions. As part of my final assignment I am conducting a research project to find out how life events cause stress and in turn impact on the condition of Psoriasis.

Using the Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale model we will firstly determine if specific events have occurred in your life over the last month. Each event is linked to a score, and the overall score will give an indication of the levels of stress throughout that month.

We will then determine the condition of your Psoriasis during this time scale.

Over a period of three months we will see if there is any correlation between stress levels and the condition of Psoriasis. More specifically I am going to investigate if there are any patterns within particular age, gender and occupation groups.

Thank you again for your participation.

Vicky Arundale

RihoZNZN

by RihoZNZN on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Re: Psoriasis & Stress Study

Hi Vicky!
You are right- stress is friend of psoriasis but psoriasis is inflammation! I have psoriatic arthritis- diagnosis was L40.0(-). Five years ago it really flared up in my joints so I couldn't exercise anymore and two years ago patches started appearing on my skin and under nails. But about a year ago I started taking a new natural Omega 3 North- Europe producer product that was suggested to me and now for all practical purposes my psoriasis is gone. I measure Omega 3 effect and Omega 6:3 ratio due to its importance. I use a blood test from leading laboratories. They analyze the sample to determine your fatty acid profile as a reflection on your diet (the ratio and several other data). For example my first test ratio was 8,4:1, second after four months 3,4:1 and third a year later 1,6:1. By the way- if you hold ratio 3:1 or lower then all life style diseases (skin diseases, asthma, allergies, diabetes 2, high blood pressure, thyroid problems, osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases and so on) are disapeared.

2 posts