how i cured my psoriasis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
carlbukow

by carlbukow on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:21 am

how i cured my psoriasis

Hi, I was diagnosed with psoriasis 8 years ago, Since then I have tried nearly every treatment known to man (and some that aren’t), including pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter creams and alternative medicine. I’ve lost count of the meds and herbs I have taken. I’m sure they’d fill up a dictionary.

With the pharmaceutical medicines (most of which were steroids) the psoriasis would clear up briefly but would come back worse than before and at times the meds simply didn’t work at all.

Finally I got fed up from seeing little improvement and with the doctors who kept putting me on steroid meds.

That’s when I embarked on the alternative medicine journey. After trying and failing with tons of herbs, cleansing, dieting and nutritional supplements. Someone advised me to try slippery elm, kigelia extract, vitamin C and shea butter.

For slippery elm I used to take one teaspoon fully mixed in 1 cup of warm water in the morning and evening. For vitamin C I would take 2000mg 4 times a day. I noticed my skin would glow about an hour after taking it.

For shea butter I use grade A (because it’s the only grade that has anti-inflammatory properties). It’s supposed to help moisturize and diminish itchiness and in my case it seems to work. Luckily for me shea butter grade A is produced locally so it wasn’t hard to get it.

For kigelia extract I was told to get it without any irritants or unnatural chemicals and if possible without glycerin. Hunting this stuff down wasn’t easy and it’s somewhat pricey but I eventually found it online and it was worth it. I have to say I almost gave up but after 3 weeks I noticed some improvement so I pressed on and after six months I was cured!
It’s now 1 &1/2 years since then and I am still psoriasis free.

My heart goes out to anyone who is suffering from this disease; I have been there and I know the embarrassment and the discomfort people go through. For me it was trial and error till I found something that worked.

Alternative medicine is not for the faint of heart, but it’s the best approach when conventional medicine fails. My advice is to be patient because at times this stuff can take quite some time before you see results or know for sure it isn’t working. Fair warning, some of the stuff I tried had the the most unpleasant taste you’ll ever encounter and the oils smell ‘not so nice’.

So, it all comes down to how bad you want to get rid of the disease. If you’re willing to try everything there’s a good chance you’ll see results. Worst case you know one more thing doesn’t work. Sorry for the long story, I thought I should share my experience; it might be of help to someone. Thanks!
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL, please check forum rules

Tuk87871478787

by Tuk87871478787 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: how i cured my psoriasis

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
I want to say that using pure chimp products helps me to have no psoriasis any more.

danakerr

by danakerr on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:10 am

This is indeed informative.

I am also a fan of alternative medicine and organic chemicals because of their safety and great effects.Your post will surely help a lot of people suffering from this depressing condition. Than you.

felicitas

by felicitas on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:17 am

My daughter has psoriasis on her elbows and regular lotion would help with the itching a little bit but once we started using this lotion, her elbows cleared right up after it increases in the same area.i need permanent relief.so i tried dermalmd serum it stopped the itching wright away and cleared away.now skin is very soft and healthy.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi,

Interesting post, we hope that this could also help others suffering with psoriasis. If you need further advice, our online clinic on skin conditions is now live. Where you can find skin experts who are waiting to answer your questions:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2017.php

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

5 posts